Angels of Omnipotence. Elubatel etc.

The Evocation and Invocation of Angelic and Planetary Spirits.

Topic author
Fio Praeter Humanus
Philosophus

Angels of Omnipotence. Elubatel etc.

Post#1 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:14 pm

Most people here are familiar with Elubatel via NAP. He is an obscure spirit found in the Book of Moses, listed as a Angel of Omnipotence. According to the text there are seven other angels of this class but very little information is given about them other than their names.

"Angel of Omnipotence - There are 8 angels of this class, Atuesuel, Ebuhuel, Elubatel, Tubatlu, Baulu, Talatu, Labusi, Ublisi. In the Citation of Leviathan, the first 3 angels are invoked to force demons to appear and do the bidding of the invocant."

Myself and others on this board have evoked Elubatel and he is definitely not an angel, or at least not like any I have ever seen. One of the most striking aspects of his appearance was that reality bent and warped around him. Best way I can describe it is that he was a nexus of possibility. This is very unangel like. Angels are all about maintaining order and harmony. Also I have evoked him into the presence of two other well known angels and they were noticeably "nervous/disturbed" when he appeared. I have never seen any angel act like that before, not around other angels or even around a goetic, very strange.

So what the hell is he? He is definitely not demonic in any way. If he is an angel then the type we are accustomed to working with are akin to Newtonian angels while he would be a Quantum angel, to borrow a phrase from physics. The BoM classifies him and the others as Angels of Omnipotence, suggesting they have unlimited power. Which again is unangel like and more like a god.

Other than nomenclature and classification how do we go about working with this class of "angels"? And it brings up an interesting point. Is there other classes of angels, beyond what we know of as angels that magicians have not utilized?

This topic has 59 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login