Methodologies used in banishing & shielding rituals

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
Wanderer
Praeceptor
Praeceptor

Methodologies used in banishing & shielding rituals

Post#1 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:35 am

Well, on one hand, I generally don't want to attempt to advertise my blog on the forums, but on the other, I'd like to get some good discussion going. In this case, I recently came across a topic that I'd like to see some further discussion on. This was first posted on my blog, and Soundwave was kind enough to reply, so I'd like to get further input from the members here at EM. If this is at all improper, please let me know, and I will take care not to do this again.

Quoted text from my blog:
"Yesterday evening, someone dear to me made an interesting point that caused me to begin to rethink banishing and shielding rituals. First, to understand why she has a different POV then most, its important to realize that she is a very talented psychic/gypsy-esque witch has no "doors". The doors I refer to are the filters that our brains use to keep us from communicating with and seeing the spiritual side of the world around us. The lack of such filters can leave her vulnerable, because she picks up on and feels everything around her.

This has, time and time again, led the two of us to discussions about various methods by which one can remove unwanted entities from his/her sphere. I tend towards using/combining several different methods, which include, but are not limited to, the following:

- The Hammer Rite
- Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram (Lesser, Greater, etc.)
- Banishing Ritual of the Hexagram (Lesser, Greater, etc.)

Lass, as she will be referred to in this post, noted that all of them have one thing in common: They all form boxes. None of them, through the method defined, ever create a bubble using the imagery associated with the work at hand. Of course, your own view of the work at hand might somehow indicate that using such banishing methods creates a bubble, but, when considering the actual design at hand, it doesn't create a fluid space within which one can work.

Quite frankly, this is a rather obvious and glaring issue, when considering the fact that the cube really is not the strongest geometric shape. Given the fact that many practicioners utilize the above methods for banishing unwanted entities, creating sacred space, and shielding, it strikes me as wise to change how we approach such practices.

While the idea is not yet fully-formed, I believe that it would be effecacious to follow a molecular design, thereby rendering ourselves more able to resist influences from outside forms.

If anyone does stumble onto this blog and decides to read this miniature wall of text, I'd love to hear/read your suggestions.

Regards,

The Sorceror"

Source: http://sorcerousendeavors.weebly.com/1/ ... tuals.html

Soundwave and I had a brief discussion through the comments section of my blog, and he noted that he connects each pentagram of the LBRP into a central sphere in order to allow for a sort of 3-dimensional shield. I'm curious to read what others have done to create a sort of 3-dimensional sacred space.

As of late, since posting this, I've come to utilize a sort of "Whirling Countenance" akin to a whirling dervish using my energy body. The phrase that best describes it, at this point, is "A good offense is the best defense."

Please share your thoughts :).

This topic has 58 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login