Invocation To Strengthen The Fountain Of Your New Avatar..

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Super Celestials
Adeptus Minor

Re: Invocation To Strengthen The Fountain Of Your New Avatar

Post#11 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:16 pm

Speaking of theory . . . .

The very first time I had read 'The Bornless One', I immediately sensed that it possessed ancient Egyptian heritage -- a kind of sense recognition. While this is not proof, I am glad to see references connecting it to that vibrant Egyptian past. ;)

BrotherButterball
Adeptus Major

Post#12 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:56 am

Grab wrote:Also interesting to note although possibly counterproductive for results is the theory that Headless One was a name of the old dark god Set of the Egyptian pantheon. So invoking Headless One basically boils down to invoking satanic forces.. Since I'm of the type "whatever works", it doesn't cause too much problem for me personally.

Also, it is a theory and not "TRUTH" (as if such a thing existed).

I believe it was in the Star Trek movie, ' The Undiscovered Country,' although I may be mistaken.

At any rate, the character, Sybock, uses trickery and gets the Starship Enterprise

to travel deep into outer space in search of "God."

When they finally meet "God" on a far off planet, Sybock asks Him: "Are you God?"

And "God" says: "One God and many faces."

The crew of the Enterprise soon find however that this god has finite power after hitting him with their Phasers.

Heathens and Pagans alike sometimes hear comparisons being made about which god is the biggest god,

when they meet Christians proclaiming how their God is all powerful.

That being said, probably the ultimate proof is in the results.

In my experience and opinion,

Magick is often concerned with obtaining results in the here and now.

The Christian religion offers delayed rewards for being obedient here and now.

Brother BBB
blackanddarkmagickthatworks.wordpress.com

supernaturalmagicklab.wordpress.com

youcandomagicthatworks.wordpress.com

Topic author
Martialis

Post#13 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:52 pm

Also interesting to note although possibly counterproductive for results is the theory that Headless One was a name of the old dark god Set of the Egyptian pantheon. So invoking Headless One basically boils down to invoking satanic forces.. Since I'm of the type "whatever works", it doesn't cause too much problem for me personally.

I think that's a popular, misinformed, point of view. I've observed the trends in "left-hand" path traditions such as the Temple of Set, Order of Phosphorus, where folks take such entities as Set, Lilith, Lucifer, etc. and make them out to be...idk something like Lovecraft might've dreamed up (although he had more imagination and creativity). Popularly we may lump all these "forces" as "satanic" for what purposed I don't know. However, if one does slight, casual reading (from reliable sources) one realizes that's it not that simple and we can't and shouldn't just lump everything under one rather inappropriate banner.

Topic author
Frater Lovechild

Post#14 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:51 pm

Here's the Goodwin Translation of the bornless one invocation i found on this site:

http://darkchilde.wordpress.com/2006/07 ... nless-one/

The Ritual of the Unborn One

AOTH ABRAOTH BASYM ISAK SABAOTH IAO!
Thee I summon and invoke,
Thee, the Unborn One!
Thee who created earth and heaven,
Thee who created night and day,
Thee who created darkness and light!
Thou art Asar-un-nefer, Thou art Ra-Hoor-Khuit,
whom none hath ever seen!
Thou art Ia-Bez, thou art Ia-Apophis!
Thou hast divided the just and unjust,
Thou hast created female and male,
Thou hast formed seeds and fruit,
Thou hast made men & women to love one another,
and to hate one another.
I am n’Aton Thy prophet,
Unto whom Thou hast revealed Thy mysteries,
the ceremonies of Khem.
Thou hast produced the moist and dry, and all manner of life.
Hear me! I am the messenger of Ptah-Amoun-Ra:
I will speak Thy true name, handed down to the prophets of AL.

Hear me!

ARBATHIAO REIBET ATHELEBERSETH ARA BLATHA ALBEU EBENPHICHI CHITASGOE IBAOTH IAO!

Hear me and make all spirits subject unto me, so that every spirit of heaven & hell, of earth and water, air and fire, may work my will!

I call upon Thee, the terrible and invisible god,
dweller in the empty wind, the void place of the spirit!

AROGOGOROBRAO SOCHOU MODORIO PHALARCHAO
OOO AEPE!

Holy and unborn one!

Hear me and make all spirits subject unto me, so that every spirit of heaven & hell, of earth and water, air and fire, may work my will!

Hear me!

ROUBRIAO MARI ODAM BAABNABAOTH ASSS ADONAI APHNIAO ITHOLETH ABRASAX AEOOI ISCHURE!

Mighty and unborn one!

I invoke Thee!

MABARRAIO IOEL KOTHA ATHOREBALO ABRAOTH!

Hear me!

This is the origin of the gods,
This is the center of the universe,
This is the One whom the winds fear,
This is the One who made all things by command of true voice,
Lord of all things, king, ruler, and healer!

IEOU PYR IOU PYR IAOT IAEO IOOU ABRASAX SABRIAM OO YY EY OO YY ADONAIE, EDE EDU ANGELOS TON THEON, ANLALA LAI GAIA APA DIACHANNA CHORYN!

I am Thee, the unborn spirit, having sight in the Eye;
Almighty One who speaks the Word of immortal fire!
I am Thee, the act of revealing truth!
I am Thee, who hates that ill-deeds should be done in the world!
I am Thee, whose name makes the lightning flash and thunder roll!
I am Thee, whose seed is the shower
that falls upon the earth that it may teem!
I am Thee, whose mouth is utterly aflame!
I am Thee, the begetter and the destroyer and the bringer-forth!
I am Thee, the Grace of the Aeon!
The heart of the world encircled with a serpent is my name!

Come thou forth and follow me, and make all spirits subject unto me, so that every spirit of heaven & hell, of earth and water, air and fire, may work my will!

Great is my might, greater still my might through Thee!

IAO! SABAOTH! Such are the words!

Topic author
Brother Suroh

Post#15 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:50 pm

This is very useful, altho I most likely will butcher the pronunciation. I know this sounds somewhat silly but doing such prayers/invocation can it cause any mental instability or possession without a magick circle ect. as I much rather perform my rituals and the like in a non formal way.

Gordon Finn
Adeptus Minor

Post#16 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:28 pm

No.

Topic author
Martialis

Post#17 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:09 pm

What doesn't make sense to me is that after the arrival or identification of the Bornless ("I am He...etc.) one concludes with the refrain "Come thou forth...etc.". If one is speaking in the voice of the Bornless then shouldn't it read different? Shouldn't the Bornless One be like...come, follow me I'm yo daddy?

Also, for those of you that use the ritual in full, do you use the names 'Mosheh' and 'Israel' or do you replace them or remove those references all together? I'm thinking one could at least use one's own magical name or motto for Mosheh but what about the 'mystical race' part? Just use something generic like "commit Thy Mysteries...the Ceremonies of Magick" and "this is Thy True Name handed to the Magi"? Maybe something more inventive like "this is Thy True Name handed down to the Magi, the learned ones of Hermes" if one is more of a hermetic bent? Just thinkin of something suitable to use here. Any and all feedback is appreciated.

Topic author
Vrischika

Post#18 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:44 pm

Martialis wrote:What doesn't make sense to me is that after the arrival or identification of the Bornless ("I am He...etc.) one concludes with the refrain "Come thou forth...etc.". If one is speaking in the voice of the Bornless then shouldn't it read different? Shouldn't the Bornless One be like...come, follow me I'm yo daddy?

I've always felt this part to be a conclusion or summary of the whole ritual, like I'm not saying it as the Bornless One, but once more as the magician. It also helps me to "come back" from the ritual.

Martialis wrote:Also, for those of you that use the ritual in full, do you use the names 'Mosheh' and 'Israel' or do you replace them or remove those references all together?

When I have used the full version, I've used 'Mosheh' and 'Israel', which reminds me I should reword it a bit. I guess they are fine within a ceremony with other Judaeo-Christian influences, like Goetic evocation. But I do always get the nagging feeling I should change them. :)

Martialis wrote:I'm thinking one could at least use one's own magical name or motto for Mosheh but what about the 'mystical race' part? Just use something generic like "commit Thy Mysteries...the Ceremonies of Magick" and "this is Thy True Name handed to the Magi"? Maybe something more inventive like "this is Thy True Name handed down to the Magi, the learned ones of Hermes" if one is more of a hermetic bent? Just thinkin of something suitable to use here. Any and all feedback is appreciated.

Those are good replacements IMO.

vovin
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#19 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:16 am

Just remember that the Bornless is a newer interpretation of the headless rite. Goodwin’s translation of the Rite of the Headless One is the most relevant, The Golden Dawn and Crowley used this to make contact with their HGA. If I recall Goodwin mentions and identifies the Headless One with the Deity Set.

Rite of the Headless One

“I summon you, Headless One, who created earth and heaven, who created night and day. You who created light & darkness; you are Osoronnophris whom none has ever seen!

You are Iabas!
You are Iapos!
You have distinguished the just and the unjust!
You have made female and male!
You have revealed seed & fruit!
You have made men love each other & hate each other!

I am Moses your prophet to whom you have transmitted your mysteries! Celebrated by Israel, you have revealed the moist and the dry and all nourishment! Hear me!!!

I am the messenger of Pharoh Osoronnophris! This is your true name which has been transmitted to the prophets of Israel! Hear me, Arbathiao Reibet Atheleberseth (Ara) Blatha Albeu Ebenphchi Chitasgoe Ibaoth Iao! Listen to me and turn away this Daimon!

I call upon you, awesome and invisible God with an empty spirit. Arogogorobrao sochou modorio phalarchao ooo! Holy Headless One, deliver him NN from the Daimon which restrains Him!
Roubriao Mari Odam Baabnabaoth Ass Adonai Aphniaoitholeth Abrasax Aeooy! Mighty Headless One, deliver Him, NN, from the Daimon which constrains Him, NN, Aothabraoth Basym Isak Sabaoth Iao!

He is the Lord of the Gods!
He is the Lord of the inhabited world!
He is the one whom the winds fear!
He is the one who made all things by the command of His voice!

Lord, King, Master, Helper! Save the soul, IEOU Pyr Iou Pyr Iaot Iaeo Ioou Abrasax Sabriam oo yy ey oo yy Adonaie! Immediately, Immediately, Good messenger of God Anlala Lai Gaia Apa Diachanna Choryn!

I am the Headless Daimon with my sight in my feet!
I am the Mighty one who possess the Immortal Fire!
I am the Truth who hates the fact that unjust deeds are done in the world!
I am the one who makes the lightning flash and the thunder roll!
I am the one whose sweat falls upon the earth as rain so that it can inseminate it!
I am the whose mouth burns completely!
I am the one who begets and destroys!
I am the Favor of the Aion!
My name is a heart encircled by a serpent!
Come forth and follow!

Six Names:

AOT ABAOT BASUM ISAK SABAOT IAO

Subject to me all Daimons! So that every Daimon whether heavenly or aerial or earthly or subterranean or terrestrial or aquatic be obedient to me and every enchantment and scourge which is from God!”

Beneficial Sign:
Vovin
Remember 'For the Man of Religion, Believes in God, The Magician, Knows God.'
(Ars Solomonis)

Topic author
Martialis

Post#20 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:47 am

Just remember that the Bornless is a newer interpretation of the headless rite. Goodwin’s translation of the Rite of the Headless One is the most relevant, The Golden Dawn and Crowley used this to make contact with their HGA. If I recall Goodwin mentions and identifies the Headless One with the Deity Set.

Yes, I remember that it's the one used by the G.D. and have heard sparse mention of the Set connection however no one seems to be able to shed light on it. If the ritual was initially written with Set in mind then perhaps egyptian references such as Crowley's might seem more suitable?* Also, perhaps Set, being a god of storm, was equated with YHVH (who some think initially began as a storm god) leading to the Mosheh (Moses)/Israel identification?. However, I don't think the origins of the ritual are that important considering the fact that most people use it to make contact with their HGA and/or as a general invocation to the divine. They do this regardless of the fact that it was actually an exorcism ritual. Having said that, do you suppose the Set connection is worth looking into and effects the ritual at all? Stephen Flowers, whose perspective is somewhat tainted with his setian streak, for instance, is of the opinion that some of the words of power or barbarous names are actually secret names or epithets of Set.

*But then again not since Set was the god of foreigners.