Any chance NAP could backfire, make bad things happen?

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
Variance

Any chance NAP could backfire, make bad things happen?

Post#1 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:31 pm

Hi.
I'm just wondering, does NAP only give positive results?

vovin
Adeptus Exemptus

Re: Any chance NAP could backfire, make bad things happen?

Post#2 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:34 pm

We get this question all the time.. Think of magic as a technology. Just like electricity you can use it to either warm your home or cook your food. But you could easily kill someone with it ,or do serious harm to yourself if abused. Its your intention that is the driving force behind your magick..
Vovin
Remember 'For the Man of Religion, Believes in God, The Magician, Knows God.'
(Ars Solomonis)

Topic author
Variance

Post#3 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:40 pm

well I didn't mean to ask whether it can be used for bad too, but I guess it was interpreted that way.

I meant to ask whether some of the gods in that book are prone to negative things; to bring you negativity.

not really sure how else to ask the question.

Somniphobia
Zelator

Post#4 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:16 pm

They shouldn't, they are benevolent... And as far as I searched troughout this forum I believe that no one suffered any dangerous backfires caused by his ritual performance... There are side effects, but I don't believe they can be drastic...

rif
Practicus

Post#5 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:41 pm

I think NAP is designed to give positive results and not to backfire. If you read through the testimonials and the instructions, and practice as written, you'll be fine.

I'm not sure if I picked it up from the book for this forum -- maybe both -- but even with the negative spells of NAP (later in the book), you are doing rituals to protect yourself from any negative intent directed elsewhere.

But if you're just looking at NAP as a tool to improve your life and circumstances, following the general practices to tip probability in your favor, then no I don't believe it is negative. I've never seen any NAP users talk about negativity in the book or its names either.

I hope that is helpful.

Somniphobia
Zelator

Post#6 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:26 pm

rif wrote:But if you're just looking at NAP as a tool to improve your life and circumstances, following the general practices to tip probability in your favor, then no I don't believe it is negative. I've never seen any NAP users talk about negativity in the book or its names either.

I agree totally... Besides, how can you even use those chants/spells/incantations in a negative way? They are made to help you in any way or another... Even if you use a chant to excite love on your best friends girl just for fun i am not sure if it will suceed, but i don't even think that the intention and ritual will then mess up your life really bad... I see NAP as a totally positive thing. I am not an expert and i don't have enough ˝experience˝ to say if it works for me or not (i had a positive coincidence today related to money - i did the NAP, MG and also some sigilisation so I practically don't know from where the partial result came), but i have spent weeks behind the NAP book studying it and translating the important things, i practically spend an hour every day reading this wonderful forum and i searched the net trough and trough and there is no evidence on any NAP backfiring or any ˝bad karma˝ things...

Darbla
Adeptus Minor

Post#7 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:56 pm

I don't know. I was using the Astral Bomb Attack last Fall, and then I stayed sick and injured for 5 months. That was far out of the norm for me, as I had not had even a mild case of sniffles for 2 years before that. I doubt any of you noticed it, but there was 5 months there I was hardly on this forum at all, and that is a large part why. A couple months ago I happened to mention this to another member here who felt like all the sickness/injury might be from the cursing, and prescribed several rituals to get me straightened out. I'm right as rain now, but I wasn't such a happy camper there for awhile.
As a witch, she naturally didn't believe in any occult nonsense of any sort.

Somniphobia
Zelator

Post#8 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:37 pm

Oh... Not good to read that... :S But you are ok now right?
NAP was the only thing that you were performing that time?

Topic author
Variance

Post#9 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:49 pm

Darbla wrote:I don't know. I was using the Astral Bomb Attack last Fall, and then I stayed sick and injured for 5 months. That was far out of the norm for me, as I had not had even a mild case of sniffles for 2 years before that. I doubt any of you noticed it, but there was 5 months there I was hardly on this forum at all, and that is a large part why. A couple months ago I happened to mention this to another member here who felt like all the sickness/injury might be from the cursing, and prescribed several rituals to get me straightened out. I'm right as rain now, but I wasn't such a happy camper there for awhile.

Did you use the Defensive Armor Ritual?

Darbla
Adeptus Minor

Post#10 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:20 pm

Yes, I did use the Defensive Armor. I did everything textbook perfect. Not bragging, just saying I was that focused and serious and prepared for what I was doing, that I did my part very well.

In analyzing it, you could believe that I really was working up something powerful for it backlash on me like it did. If I were casting ineffectually then the backlash would've been ineffectual too. And I suppose what I was directing this at was way stronger, because I didn't get what I was casting for. I had a really ambitious goal, and I didn't achieve it.

But since I can't prove any of this metaphysical stuff, then it is all speculation. We choose what theory we want to believe. (shrug)
As a witch, she naturally didn't believe in any occult nonsense of any sort.