Question: Do you have to do the NAP ritual before a spell?

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
Liderc
Zelator

Question: Do you have to do the NAP ritual before a spell?

Post#1 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:14 am

Tell me if i'm wrong.

but the way i see it, the NAP ritual is a way to get into a Alpha or even a Theta state of mind, it seems as if it's a self suggesting relaxation ritual to get into a Alpha brain wave. now if you could get into alpha or theta other ways would the spells work just as well? or would you have to go through the wording as it's written? or could you just do the beginning announcement part, and then get into alpha however works best for you, and then do the closing bit. and then get into the spell, or continue with the middle pillar etc etc

Much Obliged Mates

Cheers

BrotherButterball
Adeptus Major

Re: Question: Do you have to do the NAP ritual before a spel

Post#2 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:01 pm

Liderc wrote:Tell me if i'm wrong.

but the way i see it, the NAP ritual is a way to get into a Alpha or even a Theta state of mind, it seems as if it's a self suggesting relaxation ritual to get into a Alpha brain wave. now if you could get into alpha or theta other ways would the spells work just as well? or would you have to go through the wording as it's written? or could you just do the beginning announcement part, and then get into alpha however works best for you, and then do the closing bit. and then get into the spell, or continue with the middle pillar etc etc

Much Obliged Mates

Cheers

Hello,

I look at the NAP Ritual as being a gateway ritual.

It helps you relax and moves the conscious mind out of the way.

You then call upon Arzel who basically guards the rituals

that you will be performing later.

The Central Pillar adds energy to the ritual.

And the Ritual of the Bornless One attunes you to other spirit beings.

Just my experience with the book.

You most certainly are free to experiment with the variables.

Tim
blackanddarkmagickthatworks.wordpress.com

supernaturalmagicklab.wordpress.com

youcandomagicthatworks.wordpress.com

Topic author
Liderc
Zelator

Post#3 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:10 am

Cheers Mare For The Reply..

Really Much Obliged

but i'm wondering if you did the call to Arzel, and then instead of saying the NAP ritual, used whatever method if going into a Alpha state. which is on the same field as what you were saying "It helps you relax and moves the conscious mind out of the way"

and then got into the rest of it would it be the same?

only reason i'm asking, i have a hard time getting into any kind of relaxed state while saying the NAP ritual. maybe if i recorded me saying the Ritual over some Alpha Brainwave beats?

Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#4 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:25 am

Liderc wrote:C
but i'm wondering if you did the call to Arzel, and then instead of saying the NAP ritual, used whatever method if going into a Alpha state. which is on the same field as what you were saying "It helps you relax and moves the conscious mind out of the way"

and then got into the rest of it would it be the same?

There are some here who do just that. The call to the angel is at the end of the NAP though...still there are people here who posted that they use a different relaxation method.

wizardscauldron
Adeptus Minor

Post#5 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:18 am

I keep the calling the same but use neuro programmer 2 for 15 bminutes to drop me into a guaranteed theta state.
Hands that help are holier than lips that pray - S.S.S.B.

EHE1EH
Neophyte

Post#6 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:39 pm

Apart from the call to Arzel, the NAP ritual is just a very basic form of hypnosis induction. You can certainly use any trance-inducing technique or tool that you like. I would still recommend using the MP and aforementioned call, though, unless you know of better techniques that have similar effects. As for the relaxation etc, its far from necessary to follow form.