ANKAR YOD HAY VAW HAY (Defined)

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
nectanebus2013
Neophyte

ANKAR YOD HAY VAW HAY (Defined)

Post#1 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:19 pm

This blog has always questioned the phrase 'ANKAR YOD HAY VAW HAY'. I got on the Yahoo Answer board and there was someone who reads Jewish that defined 'ANKAR' meant in Hebrew. At least, I thought he was Jewish. He's one of the top answering individuals on that question and answer group. He stated 'ANKAR' means "I am" and this makes sense. During invocation, you define the God's attributes and praise Him, then you call him several times and finally you become the God. Cobb took a shortcut. It's not a great technique. I want to have a better procedure in my book. I've been banging my head on this one for some time!

:jkj

raum215
Magister Templi

Re: ANKAR YOD HAY VAW HAY (Defined)

Post#2 » Tue May 01, 2012 8:31 am

no it doesn't. Ankar is not Hebrew. The root of TONs of Hebrew is sanskrit, mainly because the Phoenecians used Sanskrit to form their own alphabet. Before that they usede Cuneiform, like most other literate societies.

Ankar is sanskrit, as is the root of YHVH. Ankara Jha-Veh is an old old old mantrum to connect to the Sahasrara Chakra, called Ahth'ora (Also Athar), and later called Kether.

Ankara is the past participle version of the word Ankur, and it means "to sprout forth, to germinate, first actions of growth, or development."

The ankara is the Ah which starts the Omkara, which is "Ohm"

JhaVeh (Jaueh) is Sanskrit for "He who is" - the word YHVH in hebrew means "Was, Is, Is to come" and indicates presence in three concurrent streams of time, as an expression of supreme existence.

So Ankar YHVH means "[That which] was, is, and is to come [has begun to] sprout forth."
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I YHVH do all these things.

Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#3 » Tue May 01, 2012 9:28 am

Finally! A real bloody answer. Thanks mate :). I think we've made intuitive suppositions but its nice to know.

...but what am I gonna do now with this NAP tattoo I got of YahVeh sittin' on an Anchor? :o

Topic author
nectanebus2013
Neophyte

Post#4 » Wed May 16, 2012 3:22 pm

Thanks for clarifying this. I have been covering some books from the local library - Biblical and ancient Hebrew, Greek. There is usually a respectful word that is always placed before God names. It has been quite a learning experience.

wright
Zelator

Post#5 » Tue May 22, 2012 3:46 pm

i see it a different way.

if you know about the sadhana meditations in kundalini yoga, you learn one of the mantras is:

EK ONG KAR SAT NAM SIRI WAHE GURU

Ek Ong Kar means 'there is a creator'
Satnam means 'truth is his name'
Siri wahe guru' means 'great is his name'

being kabbalist and jewish, it would only make sense to remove Sat (truth) and replace IHVH because jewish and jewish-leaning mages do that kind of thing very often. there is an awful lot of bait-and-switch in jewish magic. it is what it is *shrug*

if you want to complete the statement then you'd add the rest: 'i state my purpose thus: 'Ong Kar Iod Heh Vav Heh' and repeat that mantra for 11 minutes as stated in kundalini yoga literature to animate the phrase.

raum215
Magister Templi

Post#6 » Tue May 22, 2012 6:58 pm

wright wrote:i see it a different way.

if you know about the sadhana meditations in kundalini yoga, you learn one of the mantras is:

EK ONG KAR SAT NAM SIRI WAHE GURU

Yup, great mantra. This, btw, is the Adi Shakti Mantra. This is purposefully an eightfold statement, and there is no way anyone who knew Kundalini would choose to lose that symbolism.

Ek Ong Kar means 'there is a creator'
Satnam means 'truth is his name'
Siri wahe guru' means 'great is his name'

not quite. It means word for word:

One - Divine Providence - Hand - Pure Being - to be Devoted - A tender Shoot of Bamboo - Source of Wonder - Remover of Ignorance.

It MEANS, and can be translated (as I choose to):

"One, Who Wields Power over All, Source of All, I am devoted to you, the all encompassing miracle and mystery of your coming forth, who removes the darkness of my ignorance."

Hence, it is "Morning Call." Or as we call it "The Miracle of the Morning Rise" (and yes there is a phallic reference in there.)

Traditionally, Sex was a morning time event.

BTW: This in Hebrew would be synonymous with the REAL meaning of ARARITA, but with a lunar symbolism.

-----

being kabbalist and jewish, it would only make sense to remove Sat (truth) and replace IHVH because jewish and jewish-leaning mages do that kind of thing very often. there is an awful lot of bait-and-switch in jewish magic. it is what it is *shrug*

This would make NO sense. Sat would be Ameth in Hebrew. Generally the Canaanites are the ones who infused Sanskrit into the Afro Semitic linguistic family, btw. If you think Geof Gray-Cobb did this, it wouldn't make sense for him to do so and not just make a book of Sanskrit and Vedic work. I am sure he could find more than enough sources if he wanted to.

Still, that would make EK ONG KAR YHVH NAM SIRI WAHE GURU.

if you want to complete the statement then you'd add the rest: 'i state my purpose thus: 'Ong Kar Iod Heh Vav Heh' and repeat that mantra for 11 minutes as stated in kundalini yoga literature to animate the phrase.

That would basically only be him taking the following:

Divine Providence - Hand - YHVH

but it would be pronounced "ONG-KAR-YOD-HEH-VAU-HEH" not "AN-KAR-YOD-HEH-VAU-HEH"

still, it is an interesting prospect.
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I YHVH do all these things.

Omnis Validus
Praeceptor
Praeceptor

Post#7 » Wed May 23, 2012 12:32 am

I find that many of the ideas and assumptions that were raised in previous threads:
http://www.studioarcanis.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1012
http://www.studioarcanis.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2256
...can fit quite well in with what you've said here. Though we now have a more accurate etymological base for those assumptions, and a clearer picture of the incantation's role in the ritual. Thank you Raum.

X
Ex Mea Sententia.

AlawisciousEx
Neophyte

Post#8 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:00 pm

I recently bought New Avatar Power and have enjoyed it immensely, and have gotten very pleasant results from its application: the spirits involved have been gentle, kind, gracious, and helpful.  Many of the "words of power" were familiar to me, but a few were not, so I was pleased to find this discussion of "ankar" and "de-hay-thooth" available. 

I have studied occultism for 20+ years, and I have practiced daily Banishing and Protection exercises for many years. This foundation has made all the difference. Before you INVOKE any spirits into your realm, PRACTICE BANISHING unwanted spirits, that is, cleansing and warding your realm from ALL unwanted forces. LBRP is a good beginning.

Somehow, I found "Onkar" in Wikipedia. Although the initial letter is different, it's phonetically close.  Reading Wiki, "Onkar" is a "Sikh" word (pronounced "seek").  The Sikhs are a monotheistic religion of the Punjabs, and " Onkar" refers to the One Supreme God. 

Since New Avatar Power is based on Hebrew mysticism, which is monotheistic, I find this possible correspondence satisfying.  Although I am also intrigued by the Sanskrit relationship to Hebrew mentioned in other posts.

Thank you all for your info!

raum215
Magister Templi

Post#9 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:25 am

The sikh religion originated from certain aepects of vedic and hindu thought. So did buddhism, for that matter.