Papyri based Setian "Resh" Alternative [PDF]

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
nipha333
Philosophus

Papyri based Setian "Resh" Alternative [PDF]

Post#1 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:08 pm

Hey class. So I have been "doing Resh" for so long I dont even recall my original reactions, and the records of them are long lost. But I have been doing it, with small gaps, since I first picked up Crowleys work when I was fourteen. That was sixteen years ago. As Ive said several times around here I am fully in support of Thelema, its Word, and the Book of the Law Crowley received in Cairo. But over the years I have become more and more disillusioned with the "Crowleyan" approach. I now see Thelema in light of newer developments, such as the Setian philosophies of writers like Don Webb, and my own subjective synthesis, established via my work with the core thelemic materials. This has also been aided greatly by numerous translations and new documents not available in the Crowley era. One of my evolutions beyond the Crowley material is my own synthesis of the Mass of the Pheonix concept, and my idea that there should also be a midnight, dawn, and noon rite as well. Thus this text.
This is only a small part of the work, but it is a pretty solid base to start with. I have written a lot of editorial style opinion articles on magick over the years, but am only recently taking the time to transfer what I would normally convey verbally into teaching style texts. This is partially because I want to share what I know works with others, and partially as practice for developing my technique to refine the style and approach of the book I've written before I am satisfied enough to publish it. So with that said, I would love feedback on the clarity and style of writing/format even from those of you who may not be interested in the work.
A quick summary of the work:
Its a slightly rewritten set of Ra-Helios adorations like in the original Liber Resh vel Helios, with some additional orations and spells that can be added on to the four adorations for different reasons, two mini rituals that work very well with the four installations, and a set of rituals directly connected to the practice and the four stations of the solar barque of Ra. In one way or another all of these are interrelated and form a mini system so to speak, dealing with a few solar and inner sun mysteries.
There is an extensive commentary to make the basics and the interrelation clear to the operator. It is about 20 pagess in total.

Enjoy and please let me know what you think!!!!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/37scf9hn ... aching.pdf
Last edited by nipha333 on Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
'Goetic Magic … if properly understood would regenerate Western magic and underline its immense cultural significance, on a level equal to any spiritual tradition in the world.' -JSK

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login