Kishuf

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
Fra Farley
Neophyte

Kishuf

Post#1 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:57 pm

In the members section of Runesoup, there is a very video of Julio Cesar Ody and Gordon discussing Solomonic magic, and other initiated traditions. I always find Julio's thoughts on things very interesting.

On the topic of purification, Julio mentions in passing a tradition originating in Judaism (not Kabbalah or Merkabah), where the practitioners go through a demanding process of purification, requiring a huge amount of preparation and work. The goal of this work is to restore "The Body of Glory", which is meant to be one of the layers of our being that humanity lost after the fall of Adam. Once complete, the practitioner is meant to be able to invoke and speak to the Patriarchs of Bible just like a person standing there. I could be wrong, but I don't think Julio is part of this tradition, maybe just knows people.

I messaged Julio privately about it, and he said the tradition is simply known as Kishuf/Kishuph. Of course, this is a fairly generic term for magic in Judaism, though in this instance it's referring to a specific tradition. Other than that, he didn't want to share too much - basically saying if it was something I was interested in, I would have to seek and find people myself.

Has anyone here heard of anything about this tradition before? I haven't been able to find even a scrap of reference to anything like this anywhere. I also spoke to Dr Justin Sledge of Esoterica youtube channel, and he hadn't heard of it or anything similar. There are some references to Kishuph in some Martinism texts, but it doesn't seem to be the same thing.

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login