Egyptian divinities of decans/secondary angels

The Evocation and Invocation of Angelic and Planetary Spirits.

Topic author
talerman
Magus

Egyptian divinities of decans/secondary angels

Post#1 » Mon May 08, 2017 10:30 pm

I don't think that this ever was a topic on SA.

There are Egyptian astrological divine forces attributed to the decans. There are also lists of divinities used by the Hellenic astrologer Hephaestion and the Roman astrologer Firmicus Maternus.

In the work of Lenain, those divinities appear something like "secondary angels", with their names which seem to be mixture from all previous traditions, corresponded to the Shem angels. They also later appeared in Amblain's book which reproduced Lenain's text.

For the sake of convenience, I listed them below:

1 Chontare 2. Asican 3. Chontachre 4. Senacher 5. Seket 6. Asentacer
7. Chous 8. Asicat 9. Ero 10. Viroaso 11. Rombomare 12. Atarph
13. Theosolk 14. Thesogar 15. Ouere 16. Verasua 17. Phuor 18. Tepistatosoa
19. Sotis 20. Tios 21. Sith 22. Syth 23. Chumis 24. Thuimis
25. Charcumis 26. Aphruimis 27. Hepe 28. Sithacer 29. Phupe 30. Phuonisie
31. Tomi 32. Thumis 33. Ouestucati 34. Thopitus 35. Aphoso 36. Aphut
37. Souchoë 38. Serucuth 39. Techout 40. Aterchinis 41. Chontare 42. Arpien
43. Stochene 44. Sentacer 45. Sesme 46. Tepiseuth 47. Sieme 48. Senciner
49. Reno 50. Eregbuo 51. Sesme 52. Sagen 53. Chomme 54. Chenon
55. Smat 56. Themeso 57. Sro 58. Epima 59. Isro 60. Homoth
61. Ptiau 62. Oroasoer 63. Asau 64. Astiro 65. Ptebiou 66. Tepisatras
67. Abiou 68. Archatapias 69. Chontare 70. Thopibui 71. Ptibiou 72. Atembui

So my questions are: Have you had any experience with those divinities/angels? And what is your opinion about all of this, even if you have not had any experience?

Are those "secondary angels" something which can be taken as Shem's subordinate spirits? Or are they coming from some totally different hierarchies? Or if so, do they cooperate as equals? Are they really "secondary" angels? Are those artificially made correspondences? One of those which used to be popular in the 19th and 20th century, when occultists were keen to correspond all to everything?

In my practices, I have seen a lot of Shem's subordinate spirits belonging to the groups of respective Shem angels, but I cannot remember that I have ever encountered any of the above mentioned spirits. Or at least, that has never been my intention, or have never payed attention. I don't know what more to say about this subject. So I am looking for your comments.

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login