Questions about working with Simon Necronomicon & Spellbook

New Grimoires and techniques outlined in books like NAP, NIP, Frater Malak, etc.

Topic author
Opyra Ghozt
Neophyte

Questions about working with Simon Necronomicon & Spellbook

Post#1 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:44 pm

Greetings. I have some questions regarding the Simon Necronomicon and its associated Spellbook; I've seen related posts in here, so hopefully this is the proper section.

I've always had an interest in magic or magick, whichever is the correct spelling, and I picked up copies of both aforementioned books about 20+ years ago. I've read the contents a few times, but never performed any of the rituals or such. Every now and then I'll come across them again and take a look inside. Just last year, I came across the "Papers in the Attic" website and Ashnook's paper discussing the subject matter and learned about the different blinds within, details about the Watcher, etc.

The questions I have, based on material I've read and a discussion or two, are:

1. There is no turning back once one begins walking the Gates. I realize it's best to finish what one starts, but why would this be? Does it involve frequent practice, or can a single gate be done over a large span of time, for example? I realize there's probably advancement when "ready."

2. I hear that one permanently changes as they walk...but how so, and in what ways?

2. If the Bandar must be fed regularly, how can one do so in circumstances such as going on vacation, extended travel, in the hospital, etc? I would think that the possibility for life to get in the way exists.

3. Is it wise to consider ritual space in the basement of one's home, or is there danger to children and animals?

4. Supposedly the Spellbook can be worked with using candles, sigils, and the 50 names of Marduk. Does this mean there is no need for circles, Bandar, etc? Or is this considered risky? Does this also mean no turning back, or is this a decent way to get one's feet wet?

5. Is it best to ask for helping others when calling, or is it seen as selfish to pursue personal goals?

As you might surmise, I've come across a lot of different material but have not practiced any of it. I've always been very interested in the Simon Necronomicon and its fair to say I've always been wary of it. I've often thought of at least trying to work with the 50 names of Marduk using the Spellbook since it is somewhat simplified, but I'm concerned about limited time.

Would Cecchetelli's "Mardukite Magick" be a better choice?

I welcome any answers, suggestions, or advice. Thanks!

OG

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login