"Backwards" Tablets?

General Enochian Discussion.

Topic author
Chrysophylax
Adeptus Minor

"Backwards" Tablets?

Post#1 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:48 pm

A friend of mine has recruited me to create a set of Watchtower tablets for his personal use. He wishes them to be as "correct" as possible but has mixed opinions on what that might be. I do not use the system, and have no intention to do so, but would like to produce a nice looking set all the same. This is a fairly expensive project with nice wooden boards and a lot of work, and there are some detail points that demand attention.

One issue that arose in researching the subject is that, at least according to some authors, the language is written right-to-left. His set of calls apparently reflects this, with letters in Enochian script.

On the examples of tablets I have seen, the Great Table and its names are given as left-to-right. The names of the Ensign Bearers or Linea Spiritus Sancti are, as far as I can tell, usually spelled as presented on the Great Table. If the language is typically written right-to-left, why are these and the other names read in the reverse of that? Or should a proper Great Table be written "backwards" to the examples given in English script?

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login