An examination of the ToU

General Enochian Discussion.

Topic author
VVV

An examination of the ToU

Post#1 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:02 pm

"Laiad Holq Ta Napea...

In response to another thread I decided that an exploration of the ToU and it's names deserves it's own thread. Here we will explore this more fully.

The ToU is comprised of four rows of five columns for a total of twenty characters. It is derived from the great cross that unites the four watchtowers by the quintessence of Spirit.

E X A R P
H K O M A
N A N T A
B I T O M

We will first examine the elemental cycle as represented in the ToU of Air, Water, Earth and Fire. This progression is a fundamental principle in Enochian magick.

Spirit : The divine principle of living light.
Air: The active principle of invoked order. It represents direction and impetus.
Water: The passive principle of natural chaos. It represents creation and intuition.
Earth: The passive principle of natural order. It represents definition and collection.
Fire: The active principal of invoked chaos. It represents transformation and dispersion.

[We can discuss elemental principles at greater length,if needed, in another thread. For now this general description will suffice.]

This cycle is represented in the ToU thus...

S - A - W - E - F

...and

A
W
E
F

The most familiar names are the "living" names of the rows such as EXARP. The flow from the source of Spirit through the elemental cycle. They are thus complete and whole.

The lesser addressed columns such as XKAI are "pure" formulas in that they each represent one of the five elements including Spirit. There are four permutaions or "modes" of each column.

In the example of the XKAI we have XKAI, KAIX, AIXK, and IXKA. These are not different names as much as they are different modes. Much like as in music if you play the same scale but from different point you create a mode.

EHNB, HNBE, NBEH and BEHN are all modes of Spirit. They are an exception in that they are not prefixed as we will see in later examples of the other columns.]

Each mode shows a different starting point. from our prior example we have the elemental cycle KAIX is W,E,F,A .

Before I go much further I will pause for questions if there are any.

VVV (210/3)
... Ds Praf Piap"

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login