Approaching Enochian as Lessons in Magick

General Enochian Discussion.

Topic author
lgdvl73
Adeptus Exemptus

Approaching Enochian as Lessons in Magick

Post#1 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:01 am

I go back and forth in my own mind between the many ways of viewing the phenomenon associated and recorded in Dee's Spirit Diaries. The general opinions of "Kelley was duping Dee"; or "Kelley was receiving subtle information from Dee's mind and projecting it into the stone [etc.]", "The Enochian Entities are physically real and we can take the transmission at simple face value as a supernatural and 'metanormal' series of events"; or "the whole thing was completely made up as an elaborate method of cryptography"; or a few other notable interpretations. Generally, I tend to buy into all of these viewpoints as not being 100% wrong.

In practice, and this was immediately obvious to me when I began studying Enochian by following along with the source material; constructing tools and performing magick as it is transmitted in Liber Mysteriorum and TFR, the total transmission of Dee's Angel Magick to me reads like a children's story (albeit a very intense one beyond the intellect of a young human). In some sense, this is what the 'angels' told Dee, in that they were instructing him in a perfected system of Magick. However, I think many practitioners (and especially beginners) tend to bog themselves down in the machinery, rather than simply reading the story that Dee left in his Spirit Diaries.

In this way, I think there is an important distinction along these lines between an analytically derived approach (attempting to understand the system through a mechanical understanding of tables and hierarchies), and an approach that is open to instruction. Being open to this kind of instruction, and simply reading through the material and doing the magick as it is presented is an important first step and perhaps should preclude a more theoretical understanding.

Food for thought.

T
"The dark thought, the shame, the malice, meet them at the door laughing, and invite them in." ~ Rumi

http://henochiussimon.wordpress.com/

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login