The Issue Of Tarot Association.

Qabalah, Kabbalah, Cabala, Gematria, Tree of Life Path-working, and light Philosophical / Religious discourse.

Topic author
Gibil
Adeptus Major

The Issue Of Tarot Association.

Post#1 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:24 pm

I have spent a number of years studying the tarot and it’s relation (be it inherent or created) to the Qabala. One of the primary problems spoken of in the available tarot literature (The Golden Dawn and Eliphas Levi) is that of the Hebrew Associations with the Major Arcana. It was written several times by these writers that the associations that were given were not actually the true associations.
A while back I spent time studying the various translations of the Sepher Yetzirah an issue arose with the positioning of the various path’s and the letters. They did not make sense in comparison to where they are found in books such as the “Book of Thoth”, The Big Black Book, or even “Ritual of the Sanctum Regnum”.
The sepher yetzirah brought to light this problem: that in the tree of life there are exactly three horizontal pathways, seven vertical pathways, and 12 diagonal pathways connecting the tree of life, this of course relates to the three mother letters, seven double letters, and 12 single letters of the Hebrew language to which the tarot are associated. So this is what I ask to the members of this board;' what are your thoughts on this particular problem

This topic has 30 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login