Qabalistic meditation vs. pathworking

Qabalah, Kabbalah, Cabala, Gematria, Tree of Life Path-working, and light Philosophical / Religious discourse.

Topic author
wanders
Neophyte

Qabalistic meditation vs. pathworking

Post#1 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:22 pm

Hello everyone,

I have recently taken up an interest in the Qabalah. Right now and I am reading Qabalistic Symbolism by Gareth Knight and Ladder of Lights by William Gray.
Both authors seem to emphasize meditation over ritual or pathworking which is my intended approach. I am familiar with eastern meditation techniques and alot of pathworkings just seem cheesy to me.
I understand that meditation on the paths and sephiroth are completely different than eastern systems of meditation but I would feel much more comfortable with this approach to the tree than
pathworking or even elaborate rituals. I would like
to make contact with these powerfull forces in med itation on an abstract level.
My question is how do i go about meditating on the symbols? Knight describes it to an extent at the end of the first volume but doesn't really go into the process. I don't want to just understand the symbols but actually go behind the symbols and make contact with the forces they represent. Is a ritual or pathworking practice necessary for this? What methods of meditation are used with the tree of life to meet this goal?

Thanks

Wanders

This topic has 19 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login