Assuming 'God Forms'/Visualization.

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
Sparkling Tarn
Zelator

Assuming 'God Forms'/Visualization.

Post#1 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:02 am

Greetings All,
I would just like to read opinions on the practice of 'god-form' assumption/visualization from forum members.
I don't know how prevalent this form of magic is amongst modern practitioners, but I do know it featured very heavily in the Golden Dawn system and is, ultimately, of Egyptian provenance, where it was used extensively.
Fortunately, I never found the actual visualization process of the the deired god terribly dificult - you see a young boy growing-up (I'm middler aged now!), once I was forced by mother to give up my beloved toy soldiers around age 9 or 10 (on the grounds I was too old!), I perfected the art of transfering my war game fantasies into a purely mental acyivity in my head, visualizing myself as the soldier fighting virtual opponents in my heas, whilst ambling around my room waving my arms around in a semi-trance - I don't know if this is a common feature of boyhood and I would be intetested to read if others did this.
Anyway, I was able to tap into the boyhood 'system' I devised and thus found it easier to visualize the desired Roman god (I chose Jupiter, I visualized a late middle aged stong, bearded and longhaired man semi toga clad carrying thunderbolts in his right hand and with a golden eagle on the right, with this image I added lightening strikes in a black sky, oak tres and oak leaves, bright cerulean blue, and the Jupiter glyph and also a strong image of the actual planet - orange with swirling bands - all the 'classica'l mark-up in fact).
In accordance to a ritual I read a lit a blue candle, inscribed with Jupiter's glyph on a Thursday with a waxing moon.I visualised the god coming behind me, merging with my body into one - then as the 'god' I strongly wished my desire and then visualized the god leaving my body from the front and getting progressively smaller until he vanished.Then I gave earnest thanks, and visualised the planet and its rays hitting the Earth and the joy of people winning the lottery.
Before and after I stared stongly into the candle flame and visualizrd a white thread from head going into the flame.
The candle was left to burn out.
I repeated for a week.

Is this a 'good' ritual?, have I done anything wrong?, What do you thinK?

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login