Interviews

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
vovin
Adeptus Exemptus

Interviews

Post#1 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:04 am

I just read a fantastic Interview with Aaron Leitch I would highly recommend his book " Secrets of the Magickal Grimoires: The Classical Texts of Magick Deciphered"

I must quote this paragraph as the more I learn the more I agree with this opinion

However- I must also warn students- especially those who come from such Western initiatory traditions- to leave their assumptions behind when they come to Enochian or Solomonic magick. Again, remember that these systems represent the "Old Magick", and it doesn't work upon the philosophies of Golden Dawn or Wiccan ceremony! Now, folks who come at the grimoires from systems like Santeria, Hoodoo and other shamanic/folk traditions (even the real fam-trad Witches) have little problem grokking the Solomonic methods. But, Western aspirants often bring the wrong basic assumptions into the magick. (I once had a Hermetic practitioner tell me that Santerian workers were "crazy" because they don't start their work with an LBRP! That kind of attitude will only keep the grimoires closed to you! As they say "Let he who hath eyes see!")
Vovin
Remember 'For the Man of Religion, Believes in God, The Magician, Knows God.'
(Ars Solomonis)

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login