Spirit Sigils

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
Martialis

Spirit Sigils

Post#1 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:16 pm

The method of geomantic divination I use is the one given by Greer in his book 'The Art and Practice of Geomancy'. My question relates to the opening of the question. There are two methods to choose from in preparing for Geomancy I prefer what Greer calls the 'theurgic' method which involves the use of the Seven Planetary Spirits such as Bartzabel, Kedemel, etc. After deciding which Spirit presides over the question one traces a circle deosil on the paper, sand, or whatever medium one is using and procedes to draw the sigil of the Spirit in the circle's center. One then focuses on the sigil and mentally goes over the question after which one precedes with the divination itself (and tracing the circle widdershins after the divination). Now since I'm going to be working with these sigils and Spirits for a long while I was thinking of making the sigils on colored paper and then placing them on an appropriate colored background to achieve the 'flashing' color affect. It would be more convenient as well since instead of drawing a fresh sigil each time I could simply use the colored paper pentacles described above. Any thoughts?

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login