Spirit help that become hangers on

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Spirit help that become hangers on

Post#1 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:08 am

I have been in a bit of a funk of late and I find when I am like this for a prolonged period, I start to channel thoughts and voices not my own. When I'm alone, I have a habit of talking to myself when I need to work out problems. Its something I feel also opens me up as a kind of conduit ...when I become really really emotionally charged I start to voice things that gradually become, "not of myself" I'll elaborate:

When I am working on problems of any kind, I generally do a lot of "thinking out loud"...this can be something for work or even personal issues with my partner or whatever... usually in the car or around the house if I am by myself (obviously). This is a technique I stumbled over when I really didn't feel I could discuss certain issues with friends and family ( my divorce actually)...so I'd either write...or talk out loud as though I were having a conversation with someone. At the end of the rants...I'd interject with an alternative point of view or a bit of rational "cold water". It was my way of feeling like I had talked with someone and getting a clearer picture of the situation in my head.

There are times in my life where I have been in a bad way emotionally (as we all have from time to time) and I distinctly remember one night while my partner was away...stopping myself mid-sentence in the bathroom as I walked past a mirror.

I had been listening to myself walking around the house for at least 4 hours ranting, at times shouting and going back and forth...and it occurred to me "WTF am I saying...that's not what's bothering me?" "where the fuck did that come from?"

I had chills when I said that out loud...I had been "discussing" (with my crazy self) an issue that, while a genuine issue in relationships...had not even been on my mind. It actually felt like I'd been channelling someone else's problem for a bit. Like in the midst of my out-loud thinking...I'd got a crossed line and had someone eases bullshit coming through.

After a few days I started to be very aware of a presence in the house...I was to be alone there, in quite a state, for three weeks (apart from going to work each day).

Fast fwd a year and I knew I had an elderly woman, a very angry middle aged man who sensed a kindred spirit in me...and a small boy who I could feel reach out and hold onto my leg like my daughter did when she was little, if I was just standing still looking out the window thinking. It was like I was father figure to him.

Eventually I had to get rid of these spiritual hangers on. The connection was so strong, it would start from the moment I left the house in the morning or the moment I woke up if I was alone. I would drive to the shops 5mins away and be talking away in the car despite telling myself I wouldn't be doing it. And everything I was saying out loud, was counter to decisions I had made. Their voicing was directly undermining choices I had made for my future. it was Not helpful any longer.

When I felt them on the long drive home one day, I spoke to them collectively, I then addressed each one of them firmly and told them they'd have to leave me alone. I know they were there as guidance when I needed them and I thanked them for that...I then told them we'd reached the point where it was really unhelpful...like I was to become how they could vent their own problems or anger about things from when they were alive. That's how it felt anyway.

As part of the deal, I promised that I would seek the help of a clairvoyant my mother sees from time to time and if they had something specific they need to express, that would be the time.

I have no abilities in that regard and that's why this took a little longer to recognise...but in my efforts to go back and forth and make sense of every angle of what I was going through, I attracted spirits of varying experience in that scenario. the Angry man, the older woman and the young boy. Its never happened before.

Perhaps it was parts of myself projecting and manifesting as beings the different perspectives as I got worked up over the same issue for hours at time for weeks on end..or maybe I was bat shit crazy :)

Assuming I wasn't...has anyone else ever had to ask "the help" to leave?

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login