The 12 Alchemical Processes, Astrology and The Great Work.

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
yogamen
Practicus

The 12 Alchemical Processes, Astrology and The Great Work.

Post#1 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:32 pm

Hi how are you? I hope you're well!
---------

The 12 Alchemical Processes are considered to be the basis of modern Chemical Processes. Each of these processes is "dominated" or "governed" by one of the twelve signs of the Western Zodiac.

Decomposition through calcination (Aries)
Decomposition through digestion (Leo)
Decomposition through Fermentation / Putrefaction (Capricorn)
Modification through Freezing / Coagulation (Taurus)
Modification through Fixation (Gemini)
Modification through keratization (Sagittarius)
Separation through distillation (Virgo)
Separation through sublimation (Libra)
Filtration separation (Scorpio)
Union through solution (Cancer)
Union through Multiplication (Aquarius)
Union through (Pisces)

-------------
Calcination
Nigredo:

"The wise man is not surprised by death
he is always ready to leave.
La Fontaine
This melancholic state is so powerful
that, according to scientists and doctors,
it can attract demons to the body,
even to such an extent
that one can get into mental confusion or get visions."
Agrippa

"Nigredo, or blackness, in the alchemical sense, means putrefaction, decomposition. By the penetration of the external fire, the inner fire is activated and the matter starts to putrefy. The body is reduced to its primal matter from which it originally arose. This process is also called ‘cooking’. The black earth is closed up in a vessel or flask, and heated.

(Basilius Valentinus, Azoth, Paris, 1659)
The Body is to be decomposed, that is one shifts one's awareness to the inner self. The planets are both stages of the process and energies in the body to be transmuted. The Saturn star is black as Saturn reigns over Nigredo. Sun and Moon are the opposites to be united, and fire and air are the elements stimulating the decomposition. The black crow is another symbol for Nigredo. The two birds coming out of the body are the soul and the spirit. One needs to become aware of one's soul and spirit. The circle emphasizes the idea of union or unification."

http://www.soul-guidance.com/houseofthe ... my%202.htm

-----------------------
I have been studying alchemy, and astrology, and how they are closely intertwined.

I believe that I am in the Nigredo phase. Do you believe it is possible to identify the phases on the birth chart?

Leave your comments regarding any of the theory and practices. I believe that we have a lot of good things to share.
"Eternal continuity links all things." - Rene Guenon

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login