Magical Nostalgia

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
Soundwave
Practicus

Magical Nostalgia

Post#1 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:27 am

Today I had an interesting occurrence.

Being a rainy day I decided to spend my day in bed reading over some occult books whilst listening to some classic trance (a set by Ferry Corston from http://www.DI.fm to be specific). I had just finished DuQuettes 'Chicken Quabala' and was skimming over Cobb's NAP and Koetting's 'Works of Darkness' (my reading list has been highly influenced b discussion on this site) when I drifted off for a bit of a cat nap.

Upon waking I had this over whelming feeling of what I can only describe as nostalgia, although it didn't have that usual nostalgic feeling. It was more this knowledge that something occult had come before my current works. I could almost see my current work (the way I set my altar, my candles, my grimoire, my tarot deck) being contrast with another arrangement that was different from the way I am doing things and definitely a feeling of the past to it.

Now I'm fairly young and prior to my current workings have never pursued any occult workings before that I may have forgotten about. In Kraig's 'Modern Magick' he talks briefly about past lives and how as the practitioners abilities increase he may have glimpse of past lives. I hadn't really given this much thought because I figure even if we do reincarnate and I was about to remember my past life it wasn't likely to offer me much.

An interesting happening none the less.

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login