Your Worst/Most Embarrassing Attempt at Magic

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
Happy_Heretic321
Neophyte

Your Worst/Most Embarrassing Attempt at Magic

Post#1 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:04 am

I suppose I’m creating this post for two reasons.

One is to hear from other, experienced practitioners regarding what they consider their biggest failure regarding the practice of magic. Either because of an accident, a misfired spell, bad luck, whatever. I think it’s good to compare notes, learn from one another’s mistakes, and know that even the best of us can sometime eff the hell up.

The other reason is to commiserate, because my worst attempt at magic happened today.

My goal was to consecrate a Solomonic Sword, the Ebony Trithemius Wand, and the Table of Practice where the angels would be summoned into the crystal.

After three days of fasting, abstinence, prayer, etc. I come to the day of the operation feeling more or less confident in my ability to effectively complete the consecration. I also took it upon myself to purchase a large terracotta pot to make the holy water in. I had used similar pots in the past and always plugged up the drainage hole in the bottom with wax.

I enter my makeshift chamber of practice, having draped the walls and furniture in clean white sheets in an attempt to mask any unwanted spiritual taint. Before I begin my confession, I pour a full gallon of water into the terracotta pot. As I’m praying, I notice that a portion of the white tablecloth I’m praying over has grown slightly darker. I take a look to find that the bowl is leaking. The wax seal in the bottom didn’t hold. In a matter of moments, the whole table, books and various instruments are soaked! I rush to clean up the mess, but my table has already been reduced to a damp disaster.

I did my best to soldier on, only to find the paper stencil I planned to use to held carve the Hebraic script into the sword had more-or-less melted due to the water. I decided to at least try and salvage the affair by painting the gilded letters into the wand... only to find that my brushes are so wet, they’ve become useless. And there was nothing to dry any of this on within the chamber.

Finally, to add insult to injury, the white curtains around my walls decided to collapse.

So there you go. My whole embarrassing affair. A wet table, damp tools, an expensive wand in need of replacing, and a lot of hurt pride.

But what about you? Anyone here endured similar, or worse, snags along their journey? Any advice, tips, tricks, etc? Looking forward to your responses! :Thank You

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login