Working with the spirit of an instrument

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
Hemlighét
Adeptus Minor

Working with the spirit of an instrument

Post#1 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:34 pm

So I've had this idea ruminating around in my head, and I'm curious to get other people's thoughts on this and whether they've done something similar themselves.

I've been planning on buying a conga drum and I've been thinking about how to go about working with the spirit of the drum. I know that Mongolian Shamans will often work with the spirit of a drum by giving it offerings and the like, and I've thought about doing something similar. The thing is that I don't plan on using it for trance work or anything like that, so I don't want to "train" the spirit in that way by journeying to talk with it. My current ideas are to give it some offerings, maybe regularly put out a glass of liquor and a candle at its foot and waiting 'til it speaks to me. Wanted to see if I can work with the spirit to help me learn the instrument better, and get inspiration from it.
Was even considering whether or not a used drum would better as it'd have that experience from having had someone else play it.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?
All paths are open to a man carrying a machete.

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login