Random Magickal Manifestation

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
lgdvl73
Adeptus Exemptus

Random Magickal Manifestation

Post#1 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:46 am

So, my lady and I decided we were going to move when our lease was up in April. Our Manhattan apartment is tiny, so we decided that even if we had to leave Manhattan (and move to one of the burrows of NYC; Queens, or Brooklyn), we were going to find ourselves a nice 2 bedroom apartment. This is important to my magickal work because we will use the extra bedroom for a dedicated temple space.

Over the Christmas / New Years holiday, we looked at our finances, made a long budget so we would have enough money saved to cover moving expenses, the exchange of security deposits, etc., in April.

Then we did an exercise where we got really excited about our new place, and how amazing it would be.

I arranged for the building management to come to our current apartment and fix some things that had broken down or otherwise devolved in the two years my lady and I have been living here. We had firmly decided that before we find a new place to live, we were going to fix up our current place, and really prepare the old space "as if" it were a new space.

The Red Goddess book from Scarlet Imprint came into my possession at this time. I read the book in a day and got my top blown off.

Days later, the management came into the apartment to fix what needed to be fixed. When the gentleman who was going to do the work came in to get an idea of exactly what he needed to do, he decided he needed to bring the building manager Sarah up to see it.

Sarah showed up at my door wearing a scarlet jacket. As a woman, and a salesperson, her m.o. is generally flirtatious. We talked about the apartment I was in, and she got to asking me if my lady and I were going to renew our lease. When I told her that we wanted a bigger place, and we were going to move, she offered me a ridiculous deal on the 1st floor two bedroom apartment. The first floor of our building is a big deal, because it is a pre-war building with no elevator. I currently ascend 4 flights of stairs when I want to go to apartment (which is a fairly common thing in NYC). In addition, this apartment that manifested was recently completely refurbished because there had been a fire which completely wiped out the entire apartment.

We made a deal, and because the new apartment is in the same building, there is no early termination fee for ending my current lease early.

I never had any formal ritualized intent, but it is clear to me that some energy has literally laid this apartment into my lap. We will have accomplished our move, and fulfilled our requirements for a new apartment, while at the same time skipping the months of saving money and generally preparing to move. We achieved in 2 weeks what we had planned so carefully to do over the next 3 months.

I just felt I would share this set of occurrences as an example of how Magick and Intent can be manifested outside the context of a ritual or spiritual paradigm.

T
"The dark thought, the shame, the malice, meet them at the door laughing, and invite them in." ~ Rumi

http://henochiussimon.wordpress.com/

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login