Weird Demonic Dream...

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
Jin Constantine
Neophyte

Weird Demonic Dream...

Post#1 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:27 pm

I had this interesting dream last night and I would like to get your opinion on it.

Basically it involved me being at a house party that was suddenly taken hostage by demons. Now these demons had the whole nine yards in terms of pop culture demonic villany; big scary red things with horns and tails, fire breathing, pitchforks etc. For some reason I knew that we had until midnight to get rid of these guys or else it would be all over. So I steeled myself and tried to banish and exorcise them...but it didn't work!

I tried many different things with various results. I don't remember all the things I tried but I remember drawing pentagrams kinda of hurt them a little, drawing crosses hurt a little more, and using the six pointed star proved most effective of the three. Still couldn't get rid of them though. Sometimes they would just laugh or ignore my attempts to exorcise them but other times they would get in my face and taunt me, making me lose confidence in my magick and my power. I finally figured out that they would taunt me when what I was doing was working, so the more they taunted me, the more I kept doing what I was doing.

Finally using the six pointed star as a shield I was able to break my way out of the house. The feeling of relief was immense. I felt more confident and could think clearly again and I was able to go back inside and clear the place out. I woke up in a sweat but also felt very cleansed.

Now the funny thing about this dream is that it is totally at odds with the way I view the magickal world. I don't believe in the simple moral duality of good/bad, angels/demons...and the images of these "demons" seemed so stereotypical (still haven't seen a demon who looked like that in any real magickal workings).

Some possible explanations: Lately I've been breaking away from the GD style, Hebrew influenced Ceremonial Magick that's so prevalent nowadays. I don't really consider myself a CM, more of a sorcerer who will use any tools necessary to achieve the results he wants. Using judeo-christian god names just never felt right for me, so lately I've been dropping them from my work with no noticeable effect (except maybe this dream?). Maybe it's just anxiety over this? Maybe it's something more sinister? Also before bed last night I was a little drunk and had been reading a book on black magick so I think maybe those factors influenced the dream too.

I'm tempted to write this off as "just a dream" but the funny thing is 1) I remembered the dream completely (which is rare for me) and 2) I woke up feeling changed and cleansed by it, almost as if it happened for real. I feel like I was tested and that I came through the ordeal stronger in my power and more confident as a magickian. And even though I still don't buy into the whole judeo-christian paradigm, I'm more comfortable using the Hebrew kabbalistic formulas now. Can't really explain why...something along the lines of it's not the specific religious dogma that has power but that the godnames, symbols, etc are just culturally specific expressions of universal keys that help access the divine spark within us all.

Also another thing I almost forgot is that there have been some hints of a mischievous entity floating around my house causing some minor problems so I've been planning on doing a banish/cleansing of my place within a few days. So I guess this kind of thing has been on my mind lately too.

So what do you guys think? Does this dream mean anything or is it just anxiety and too much beer? ;)

Any thoughts, opinions, or experiences would be appreciated...thanks!

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login