Individual Cord Magic

Witchcraft, Wicca, Paganism, Folkways, Elemental Magic and Dark Paganism.

Topic author
Feywer96
Adeptus Major

Individual Cord Magic

Post#1 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:21 pm

The full blog entry can be found (with pics) here: http://templeofthetree.webs.com/apps/bl ... individual

Cord Magic is nothing new. In fact, it can be seen in some ways as a ‘staple’ practice in Alexandrian covens, and some other Traditions, but none the more prominent as in Alexandrian ones. Cord Magic is a practice that one can do either alone or with a group. It is highly effective and personally I think it works like a charm.

If one is working solo, then (sticking to ‘He’ for brevity) he should have a fresh new candle (of the appropriate colour for the work at hand. White works best for general purpose workings). He will also need to have a cord of about a reasonable length – and taped at the ends to prevent fraying – or knotted if he so desired (but that would somewhat be redundant).

In a basic magic Circle, he lights the candle solemnly and holds the cord above the flame of the wick, but high enough about it to prevent the cord from burning. He holds either side of the cords in his hands, pulled tight, and envisioning the burning candle flame releasing magical energy that flows up from the smoke trail and into the Cord, where you envision it becoming more charged with energy as it builds.

When enough has been ‘generally’ raised, he lets the cord slack on one end, and still holding the cord, he strokes the cord towards where the knot is desired to be, repeating a mantra while he does so. One ‘wiccany’ one I made up was repeating “Goddess, God, Job!” over and over, faster and faster until I couldn’t say it anymore, so I would continue to repeat it in my head – all the while stroking the cord and ‘moving’ all the energy to a single ‘point’ on the cord.

When he felt that enough energy has been raised towards his goal, he holds the cords taught over the candle flame, and ties a knot where he desires, firmly and placently, so that when he pulls it tight it sets into mind the spell that is to be done. The candle is then extinguished, or left to burn itself out – a matter of personal choice. But afterwards, the cord and knot should be left alone and put in a place where they will not be bothered. The knot should only be untied when the current wish has been fulfilled.

If the knot’s magic doesn’t seem so ‘energetic’, take it out again and, lighting the candle (if you decided to keep it) – or lighting a new one – while stroking the cord towards the knot, while repeating the same mantra – visualizing energy being ‘stroked’ towards the knot, and also burning upwards from the flame and into the cord, where you continuously stroke it and repeat the mantra that you designed – is an effective way of ‘adding’ more energy to the existing knot.
Know Thyself - Reductio Ad Infinitum / Return to the Infinite
Mercury's Butterfly - main site

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login