black magic vs. LHP (and RHP)

Cursing, Hexing, Self Defense, the Qlippoth, Typhonion Magic, and other dark currents.
Forum rules
This forum is for the discussion of techniques, procedures, resources and results specific to Black Magic.
Any discussion relating to the morality of conducting Black Magic is explicitly forbidden.
What people do and how they do it is up to them. If it offends you, please keep it to yourself or take the discussion to PM.

Topic author
rif
Practicus

black magic vs. LHP (and RHP)

Post#1 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:55 pm

I originally posted this elsewhere, and BrotherM had suggested it would be a good topic in the new section.
rif wrote:
BrotherM wrote:On the Qlip and it being a subject of Black Magick (not LHP please, very different) as you would know, ...

How are you defining Black Magick versus LHP? What is the difference? I would say LHP focuses on self and pragmatism here and now, while Black Magick is more... negative, or traditionally evil uses of power. I'm trying to understand some standard definitions here, as I haven't followed those currents. I can say that from hanging out at various internet forums, LHP tends to be considered synonymous with Satanism (and dark magick), although I think it comes from a different meaning.

Elsewhere today in the thread titled "Transmuation" I saw this (emphasis mine):
MagiAwen wrote:Myself.. I was taught neither good nor evil...no black or white...or yellow or silver... none of this rhp vs. lhp nonsense. All those are are labels for the ego to say things like... "you're not like me" or "I'm different from you" or... "I'm better than you"... we are all dust in the end.. this triffling stuff doesn't matter.

This comparison suggests that to MagiAwen, RHP and LHP are irrelevant distinctions in the context of magic. Whereas my thought is that they are concepts originating with tantra, which are two generally different routes to adepthood, or perhaps mastery of self and ego. Not necessarily related to "right" or "wrong."

I'd like to understand precisely what others here consider black magic or LHP, and how that may differ from RHP which may or may not be synonymous with white magic. :D

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login