People reporting bad luck with NAP - a suggestion

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
IronOrchid
Adeptus Major

People reporting bad luck with NAP - a suggestion

Post#1 » Mon May 03, 2010 12:58 pm

A thought just occurred to me so thought I'd post it fwiw - most of us have second-hand copies of NAP.

I can't be sure, but I would suspect if it made someone a millionaire and/or solved all their problems, they may not have parted with it, so MAYBE (this is only theoretical) the people who owned it before had, or did, something that was out of line with the system.

For example maybe they believed that the best magick is the kind where you have to be all evil, all the time, beccause they were really just nasty little shits who wanted an excuse, and offended badly against the spiritual entity of the book - or maybe they had some religious or other belief, picked the book up out of a desire to prove it wrong, and caused the resident forces to shrivel away... etc.

If it's true that each grimoire carries a link directly then you're not just owning a thing, you're also buying the shared spiritual content - maybe these people got the copies "disconnected" through some action of their own?

It would be a bit like buying a second-hand iPhone on trust from e-Bay, only the previous owner ran up huge bills and it's been disconnected from the network - or, worse, it belonged to a drug dealer and the FBI are still tapping it, they've now put you under surveillance for using his phone, and his gang warfare enemies have tracked you via the network. Silly example maybe but that's kind of the image I had when it first occurred to me.

Anyway just a thought as I said, I don't have any proof or anything - but for anyone reporting a problem, and it's happened enough now that I think it's worth addressing, maybe you could do a simple blessing or cleansing (which I guess many people really new may not have done, including maybe people who haven't joined the forum but read threads sometimes) then summon back with a quick prayer or whatever the actual spiritual force of the book, as its author intended.

If I recall correctly someone said that GG-C did some kind of work with the printer to ensure that the book carried that connection, although I can't recall which thread it was in.

IOx
"...there's no such thing as the unknown. Only things temporarily hidden, temporarily not understood."
Captain James T Kirk

Madmartigen
Practicus

Re: People reporting bad luck with NAP - a suggestion

Post#2 » Mon May 03, 2010 3:15 pm

IO, until proven wrong, I do not believe that the power of NAP relies on the physical book you read from. I see how energy patterns may be carried by a book as physical objects, but I do not really believe they might be that strong.

In my opinion the NAP text imprints a sort of energetic initiatory pattern, especially in a way it is worded and mixed with the success tales. A belief and under-belief code followed by simple but precisely laid out spells and elements of Kaballah and calls to spirits and powers makes a Swiss-army knife spellbook, but one has to open up for this and flow with the forces within.

Again I am not an expert and I may be wrong, but I would seek NAP failures (and I had some as well) elsewhere. To name just a few:

1. NAP promises so much that it is almost unbelievable. When used by people in real need, it may induce a huge lust for success. In my opinion this may be omitted by either advanced magicians who have overcome this factor before, or just true noobs who trust every word in the book. In my experience, lust for success is one of the biggest energy dispersion factors.
2. Not enough dedication/focus. Again, NAP may suggest that all you need to do is read the words aloud. Well, garbage in - garbage out. Again being in need induces fear of failure and this is just another huge block.
3. We all know how important it is to focus the evocation/energy to the proper spirit. Test it, make a deal etc. Although NAP provides a way to refrain unwanted spirits, I have my doubts to how effective it may be for most of NAP users. I feel that raising the energy focused on the goal and applying that to a specific spirit/force is crucial, and although NAP makes the process easier, it doesn't make it completely bulletproof.

This is a very interesting topic and I'd be curious to hear others' opinions as well!

Edited to add: in my opinion cleansing and blessing is a very good idea, highly recommended to owners of any magical book or any other sort of equipment. First, you remove all the unwanted energies. Second - you make it "now you're working for me".

M.

Topic author
IronOrchid
Adeptus Major

Post#3 » Mon May 03, 2010 3:40 pm

I'm not arguing because my post was PURELY theoretical, but where I was coming from was people who started with it, got great results at first - then seemed like they had unprecedented bad luck, as opposed to it simply not working. Like it actually reversed the polarity of the neutron flow... 8-)

Though I would agree that if someone's using it as say their sole source of income, the incantations simply not working might result in a cascade of bad things, even though they're not related.

My thinking was, the NAP Ritual alone (up to Point A) is complete and doesn't rely on the spirit inbued in the book, because it draws energy from the reader's own - well, Avatar Power to go by the label used. That would account for initial successes.

But then using it to contact the spiritual beings mentioned, the previous STUFF of the other owners gets in the way, making the beings called upon and/or other factors reverse the intention, and thus causing genuine bad luck (as opposed to just ineffective workings).

I do agree entirely with your post about other factors, and as I said my theory is JUST a theory, not a dispute, but I wanted to explain it a bit more. :)

IOx
"...there's no such thing as the unknown. Only things temporarily hidden, temporarily not understood."
Captain James T Kirk

GarageMage
Practicus

Post#4 » Wed May 05, 2010 12:55 am

And if it is the case that book has been "tainted", what are we suppose to do exactly? Try to banish the book? Send smudge stick smoke onto it? I wouldn't say I've had bad luck, its just after the initial week of attunement, my luck will rise that week and then when I move onto the incantations, my luck returns to the prior state(Note- i'm not much of a lucky person, haha). If I do go back to using this book however, I think i'm gonna skip the incantation bit altogether and move onto the Middle Pillar rituals.
LULZ IS THE LAWL; LULZ UNDER WILL

Topic author
IronOrchid
Adeptus Major

Post#5 » Wed May 05, 2010 4:09 am

GarageMage wrote:And if it is the case that book has been "tainted", what are we suppose to do exactly?

If the book's "lost its connection" then try to re-establish it - do a soul-retrieval or invoke the spirit of the original back into the book. REMEMBER though this is 100% theoretical, but those are good techniques - and the book's not "tainted" - more, disconnected, in my THEORY.

GarageMage wrote:If I do go back to using this book however, I think i'm gonna skip the incantation bit altogether and move onto the Middle Pillar rituals.

Different things might work better for different people, so that's a reasonable approach.

IOx
Captain James T Kirk

Madmartigen
Practicus

Post#6 » Wed May 05, 2010 4:23 am

IronOrchid wrote:I'm not arguing because my post was PURELY theoretical, but where I was coming from was people who started with it, got great results at first - then seemed like they had unprecedented bad luck, as opposed to it simply not working. Like it actually reversed the polarity of the neutron flow... 8-)

I see exactly what you mean. However I've had this happen with different kinds of magic. This was a big case for me with talismans time ago. Honestly speaking I still try to grasp the flow of how this whole thing works, but this is another, much bigger story.

IronOrchid wrote:My thinking was, the NAP Ritual alone (up to Point A) is complete and doesn't rely on the spirit inbued in the book, because it draws energy from the reader's own - well, Avatar Power to go by the label used. That would account for initial successes.

Agreed, but in my opinion Arzel plays a key role in rising and directing the energy, at least so I believe.

IronOrchid wrote:But then using it to contact the spiritual beings mentioned, the previous STUFF of the other owners gets in the way, making the beings called upon and/or other factors reverse the intention, and thus causing genuine bad luck (as opposed to just ineffective workings).
IOx

Now you got me on theoretising here :). That's because I don't own the book now. I have the Point A printed on a sheet of white paper and I do all the rest from memory (have it printed on several other sheets of paper, just don't need them). Yet I did this thinking basing on previous experiences with other books where I never had problems with any sort of energy attachments from previous owners. Then again I tend to clean all important objects that I have second-hand, starting from books, finishing on a car :).

Best

M.

Topic author
IronOrchid
Adeptus Major

Post#7 » Wed May 05, 2010 4:34 am

Madmartigen wrote:Agreed, but in my opinion Arzel plays a key role in rising and directing the energy, at least so I believe.

Yes that rings true, I had a pretty bad year last year and NAP has helped me to get my mojo back, and I've since built a working relationship of sorts with him, I think that's an area he works with re this book.

IOx
Captain James T Kirk