Noob Questions

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
kasparov
Neophyte

Re: Noob Questions

Post#11 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:41 pm

Wizardscauldron thank you for helping me out.Your help is most appreciated. :Thank You

wizardscauldron
Adeptus Minor

Post#12 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:23 pm

kasparov wrote:Wizardscauldron thank you for helping me out.Your help is most appreciated. :Thank You

I think it would help if you could explain why you haven't read the book yourself :D Me personally, I found out about this book here and got the book. I read it and was a little confused so I read it again and took pertinent notes so I could cross reference different sections of the book.
Hands that help are holier than lips that pray - S.S.S.B.

Topic author
kasparov
Neophyte

Post#13 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:15 pm

I start reading the whole book now , but I don't understand many of the words , but I use a dictionary.The book is awsome. :D

wizardscauldron
Adeptus Minor

Post#14 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:29 pm

kasparov wrote:I start reading the whole book now , but I don't understand many of the words , but I use a dictionary.The book is awsome. :D

I guessed as much that you couldnt understand the book as you aren't english speaking. Go to this website and type in sentences you dont understand and it will translate instantly for you. Awesome website and will save you a lot of time http://translate.google.com/#auto|fr|

Yes it is an awesome book, happy translating friend :D

Topic author
kasparov
Neophyte

Post#15 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:42 pm

Thank you , you are very kind. :D

DarkScribe
Neophyte

Post#16 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:45 pm

wizardscauldron wrote:
DarkScribe wrote:I'd like to talk to to my magic mentor, but I'm 0 for 7 so far. o_O

Talking to a magick mentor is a truly fascinating experience.

It's a very exciting prospect. I work on it daily. I hope my enthusiasm isn't ruining my relaxation. I feel like a got an image in my head of "something" and a name but I can't be sure that it wasn't just my imagination.

wizardscauldron
Adeptus Minor

Post#17 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:07 pm

DarkScribe wrote:
wizardscauldron wrote:
DarkScribe wrote:I'd like to talk to to my magic mentor, but I'm 0 for 7 so far. o_O

Talking to a magick mentor is a truly fascinating experience.

It's a very exciting prospect. I work on it daily. I hope my enthusiasm isn't ruining my relaxation. I feel like a got an image in my head of "something" and a name but I can't be sure that it wasn't just my imagination.

Thats the trick, discerning what may be coming from a spirit and what may be coming from one's ego. You may find this topic I started interesting as a few of us chatted about it.

http://studioarcanis.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1572

Menxeperset

Post#18 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:08 pm

DS,

In my experience (understand that I speak from a place of subjectivity), the degree of clarity necessary to contact the MM depends on how developed one's astral senses are. If you're having trouble using a shewstone or a black mirror, locate a good text on mental / astral projection and pursue that curriculum first. Actually, the ritual called the "Advanced Tarot Contemplation" in Kraig's Modern Magick would be more than sufficient. You can still work the NAP chants in the meantime.

It may be controversial, but I believe the MM is an aspect of my HGA. Therefore, you may want to study Liber Samekh, Abramelin, or the processes in Newcomb's 21st Century Mage and attain an even more powerful understanding. Personally, connecting with my MM facilitated these more complex operations for me; though, I would be remiss if I were to assume that anyone else should follow the same pattern.

Best of luck.

Mxs

wizardscauldron
Adeptus Minor

Post#19 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:18 pm

Menxeperset wrote:It may be controversial, but I believe the MM is an aspect of my HGA.

Mxs

I don't believe so as an unhelpful spirit did try to fool around with me until I started incorporating the full LBRP and even then afterwards the most spirits that I could sense were three in number. Also having only contacted my HGA once I can say that the feelings were entirely different, poles apart in fact.

Menxeperset

Post#20 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:25 pm

wizardscauldron wrote:
Menxeperset wrote:It may be controversial, but I believe the MM is an aspect of my HGA.
Mxs

I don't believe so as an unhelpful spirit did try to fool around with me until I started incorporating the full LBRP and even then afterwards the most spirits that I could sense were three in number. Also having only contacted my HGA once I can say that the feelings were entirely different, poles apart in fact.

:goodpost

Wizard,

I think that was an interesting thread you posted about being hoodwinked. I, too, experienced a very different feeling in the presence of my HGA. However, I have come to believe that the MM is a superficial reflection of the smallest part of that immensity. Of course, this is not to say that that would be the case for anyone else. If we think about the MM as a "spiritual guide" and / or a reflection of the self, then I suppose it could originate from any number of places.

Agreed on the value of banishing in this process--I normally begin with the Opening by Watchtower or LBRP-LBRH-Middle Pillar-Circulation of the Body of Light.

Mxs