Relaxation

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
silverfirefly
Zelator

Relaxation

Post#1 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:47 pm

I have been finding it hard to know how relaxed I need to be during rituals. How deep should you be in trance before you proceed, for the best results?

summerland
Adeptus Exemptus

Re: Relaxation

Post#2 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:01 pm

silverfirefly wrote:I have been finding it hard to know how relaxed I need to be during rituals. How deep should you be in trance before you proceed, for the best results?

You must know these spirits very well. How I feel when I put myself in a meditative trace is I feel myself standing outside of myself. I would practice with the center/middle pillar and the bornless one. Get the feel of these energies. Arzel is a very calm spirit to work with.
"Ni neart go cur le cheile "

mrblack
Adeptus Minor

Post#3 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:55 am

silverfirefly wrote:I have been finding it hard to know how relaxed I need to be during rituals. How deep should you be in trance before you proceed, for the best results?

Lets just put it this way...relaxed but not falling asleep, lol.
Relaxed but w/a clear, focused mind should do the trick, like being in meditation...

~Seraph
Adeptus Minor

Post#4 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:41 am

mrblack wrote:Lets just put it this way...relaxed but not falling asleep, lol.
Relaxed but w/a clear, focused mind should do the trick, like being in meditation...

Yes.

The NAP instructions are classical hypnosis or auto-hypnosis steps.
You take yourself into the hypnotic state (which is basically just deep relaxed state of mind/body) and
you bring yourself out of it.

I teach hypnosis & hypnotherapy and there is one shortcut for entering into hypnotic state I'd like
to share here, we call it Induction: the rolling eyes.
After starting the NAP ritual (after Ankar...) and before you start the relaxation just direct your eyes
straight upwards without moving your head. Keep them like that for a few moments and you will feel kindda dizzy.

What that does, it "turns" off the left part of the brain (the rational part, beta state) and immediately brings you
into the hypnotic state of relaxation (alpha or theta brain state) and into more intuitive state.

Easy.

Hope that helps somewhat.
:)

S.

"I am alone. There is no God where I am."
Liber AL II-23

Ra-Hoor-Khuit Blog >>

thorleifclover
Neophyte

Post#5 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:32 pm

Seraph's tip about the rolling eyes is spot on

toothache
Adeptus Minor

Post#6 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:56 pm

Here's my induction:

Body scan:
Start with toes, feet... dispell any tension. Move up to calves/knees... then to thighs...then the whole leg at once. Then move up to hip...get very focused with it. When I get up to my head, I release tension from my hair, teeth, ears.

10-1 Countdown
"With every count down, I will go deeper, deeper into relaxation. The closer I get to 1, the deeper I will be."
9 ... Deeper down ...... 8 .... deeper down"

I then do another body scan and another countdown. Takes about 15-20 mins depending. By then, I'm bodering OOBE.

At this point I raise my energy, pray, do my work or whatever.

I basically jacked techniques from other inductions. took what work for me.

uiel
Practicus

Post#7 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:30 am

~Seraph wrote:I teach hypnosis & hypnotherapy and there is one shortcut for entering into hypnotic state I'd like
to share here, we call it Induction: the rolling eyes.
After starting the NAP ritual (after Ankar...) and before you start the relaxation just direct your eyes
straight upwards without moving your head. Keep them like that for a few moments and you will feel kindda dizzy.

What that does, it "turns" off the left part of the brain (the rational part, beta state) and immediately brings you
into the hypnotic state of relaxation (alpha or theta brain state) and into more intuitive state.

Hahaha i think Simon's necronomicon has a hypnotherapic basis then...

"Roll your eyes upwards without moving your head, then say..."