NAP thang don't work for me...

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
Zezelryck
Neophyte

NAP thang don't work for me...

Post#1 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:02 am

Nap thing doesn't work for me. Can the experts at this give me some advice. Come on throw a dog a bone. :D What are some common mistakes newbies make. Under what condition is NAP most eficient?

vovin
Adeptus Exemptus

Re: NAP thang don't work for me...

Post#2 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:35 am

I suggest you read through the Myriad of NAP posts already on this forum first.

V
Vovin
Remember 'For the Man of Religion, Believes in God, The Magician, Knows God.'
(Ars Solomonis)

Corsair Frost

Post#3 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:36 am

Zezelryck wrote:Nap thing doesn't work for me. Can the experts at this give me some advice. Come on throw a dog a bone. :D What are some common mistakes newbies make. Under what condition is NAP most eficient?

Of course it didn't work just read the second book by the author that has the same title. In my experience some of the most powerful and effective magick that i've witnessed or done first hand has come from old school witchcraft. Get a copy of Helping Yoursself With White Magic by Al Manning , i've used the spells and rituals in that book for years and they always work to-the-letter.

Vrischika

Post#4 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:58 am

Unerring faith seems to be the key for NAP to work - those who claim to get great results every time they use NAP also seem to believe in it 100%.

BrotherButterball
Adeptus Major

Post#5 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:42 pm

Zezelryck wrote:Nap thing doesn't work for me. Can the experts at this give me some advice. Come on throw a dog a bone. :D What are some common mistakes newbies make. Under what condition is NAP most eficient?

Hello Zezelryck,

I would suggest adding the Defensive Armor Ritual to your workings.

Use these spirits as a sort of spiritual launchpad for the other rituals and spells.

Add to this the Invocation of the Headless One.

And do these daily or once in the morning and once at night.

Brother BBB
blackanddarkmagickthatworks.wordpress.com

supernaturalmagicklab.wordpress.com

youcandomagicthatworks.wordpress.com

Topic author
Zezelryck
Neophyte

Post#6 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:41 pm

NAP to me seems to be some cheesey 70's post hippie generation self help new age mumbo jumbo. The power that makes it work comes from the practitioner itself...or so it seems. It seems to be riddled with invocations to eregregores that seem to be based on quasi-historic sources and other occult materials predating it seemingly by some centuries or more. If this is my attitude and take on the thing no wonder this NAP thing isn't working for me...I wish I could get it to work because the book makes amazing promises. Maybe that funny floating head of the author on the dustjacket put me off before I even started. :?:

vovin
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#7 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:23 pm

NAP to me seems to be some cheesey 70's post hippie generation self help new age mumbo jumbo. The power that makes it work comes from the practitioner itself...or so it seems. It seems to be riddled with invocations to eregregores that seem to be based on quasi-historic sources and other occult materials predating it seemingly by some centuries or more. If this is my attitude and take on the thing no wonder this NAP thing isn't working for me...I wish I could get it to work because the book makes amazing promises. Maybe that funny floating head of the author on the dustjacket put me off before I even started.

Well if you have doubt and the system doesnt work for you, then move onto something that you do connect with and that you see good results with.
Vovin
Remember 'For the Man of Religion, Believes in God, The Magician, Knows God.'
(Ars Solomonis)

diamondlife
Neophyte

Post#8 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:38 am

Zezelryck wrote:NAP to me seems to be some cheesey 70's post hippie generation self help new age mumbo jumbo. The power that makes it work comes from the practitioner itself...or so it seems. It seems to be riddled with invocations to eregregores that seem to be based on quasi-historic sources and other occult materials predating it seemingly by some centuries or more. If this is my attitude and take on the thing no wonder this NAP thing isn't working for me...I wish I could get it to work because the book makes amazing promises. Maybe that funny floating head of the author on the dustjacket put me off before I even started. :?:

I think that you are talking about the book "New Ishtar Power because New Avatar Power doesn't have the floating head.

Topic author
Zezelryck
Neophyte

Post#9 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:10 am

on the back cover dust jacket...check it. Blue square background, disembodied head, a few stars. Looks like something from an old comic book advert. ( X-ray specs free, you only pay shipping and handling, LOL). ;)

Gordon Finn
Adeptus Minor

Post#10 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:26 am

I completely forgot about that pic.