Invocation To Strengthen The Fountain Of Your New Avatar..

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
31 Sword Illusion

Invocation To Strengthen The Fountain Of Your New Avatar..

Post#1 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:34 pm

In the “Invocation To Strengthen The Fountain Of Your New Avatar Power,” in the fourth line of it, it says: “Hear me, and make all subject unto me, so that every spell and scourge of the Vast One shall be made obedient to me.” It continues: “I am He, the Bornless Spirit, strong and of immortal fire.”

Is the “Vast One” a reference to the Bornless Spirt, whom we are invoking? Or is the “Vast One” a different entity altogether? I get a little confused when I read this line (not knowing if it's talking about the Bornless One, or a completely different being entirely). Thank you for your help :) .

Topic author
Vrischika

Re: Invocation To Strengthen The Fountain Of Your New Avatar

Post#2 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:14 pm

Just to make sure, the "Borness One" is our higher self (Yechidah), the eternal part of our soul.

In "The Art of True Healing" Israel Regardie gave a short prayer based on a Greek exorcism-derived invocation made familiar by Crowley in his edition of the Goetia (the "Vast One" is not mentioned in Crowley's version of the Bornless), that can be said after the Middle Pillar:

Thee I invoke the Bornless One. Thee that didst create the Earth and the Heavens.
Thee that didst create the Night and Day. Thee that didst create the Darkness and the
Light. Thou art Man− Made−Perfect, whom no man hath seen at any time. Thou art
God and very God. Thou hast distinguished between the Just and the Unjust. Thou
didst make the female and the male. Thou didst produce the seed and the fruit. Thou
didst form men to love one another and to hate one another. Thou didst produce the
moist and the dry, and That which nourisheth all created things. The second half
should follow only after a long pause, in which one attempts to realise just what it is
that the prayer has asserted, and that it is raising the mind to an appreciation of the
hidden secret Godhead within, which is the creator of all things.
This is the Lord of the Gods. This is the Lord of the Universe. This is He whom the
winds fear. This is He, who having made voice by his commandment is Lord of all
things, king, ruler and helper. Hear me and make all spirits subject unto me, so that
every spirit of the firmament and of the ether, upon the earth and under the earth, on
dry land and in the water, of whirling air, and of rushing fire, and every spell and
scourge of God the Vast One may be made obedient unto me. I am He, the Bornless
Spirit, having sight in the feet, strong and the immortal Fire. I am He, the Truth, I am
He who hate that evil should be wrought into the world. I am He that lighteneth and
thundereth. I am He from whom is the shower of the Life of Earth. I am He whose
mouth ever flameth. I am He, the begetter and manifester unto the Light. I am He, the
Grace of the World. The Heart Girt with a Serpent is my Name.

Although I'm not a scholar or anything, I'd guess Regardie got the Vast One from Golden Dawn's Adoration of the Lord of the Universe (sometimes abbreviated as ALU):

Holy art Thou, Lord of the Universe!
Holy art Thou, whom Nature hath not formed!
Holy art Thou, the Vast and the Mighty One!
Lord of the Light, and of the Darkness!

From this we can see that it is indeed the macrocosmic deity / God / the Universal Mind that is being adored, of which we are a reflection.

Edit:

I also found this excerpt from Regardie's Tree of Life:

The prayer which follows is an extract from a ceremony invoking
the Holy Guardian Angel performed by the late Alan Bennett, one
of the Adepts of the Golden Dawn, before he entered the Buddhist
Sangha and became the Bhikkhu Ananda Metteya :
"Adoration be unto Thee, Lord of my Life, for Thou hast permitted
me to enter thus far into the Sanctuary of Thine Ineffable
Mystery; and hast vouchsafed to manifest unto me some little
fragment of the Glory of Thy Being. Hear me, Angel of God the
Vast One ; hear me, and grant my prayer ! Grant that I may ever
uphold the Symbol of Self-sacrifice ; and grant unto me the comprehension
of aught that may bring me nearer unto Thee ! Teach
me, starry Spirit, more and more of Thy Mystery and Thy Mastery ;
let each day and hour bring me nearer, near unto Thee I Let me
aid Thee in Thy suffering that I may one day become partaker of
Thy Glory, in that day when the Son of Man is invoked before the
Lord of Spirits, and His Kame in the presence of the Ancient of
Days !
" And for this day, teach me this one thing : how I may learn
from Thee the Mysteries of the Higher Magic of Light. How I may
gain from the Dwellers in the bright Elements their knowledge and
Power : and how best I may use that knowledge to help my fellow
men.
" And finally, I pray Thee, to let there be a link of Bondage
between us ; that I may ever seek, and seeking, obtain help and
counsel from Thee who art my very selfhood. And before Thee do I
promise and swear; that by the aid of Him that sitteth upon the
Holy Throne, I will so purify my heart and mind that I may one
day become truly united unto Thee, who art in Truth my Higher
Genius, my Master, my Guide, my Lord and King !

Topic author
31 Sword Illusion

Post#3 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:19 pm

Thank you Vrischika for this excellent post :) . You not only answered my question, but cleared up a few misunderstandings I had, as well. I really appreciate it!

BrotherButterball
Adeptus Major

Post#4 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:58 pm

Good day,

Excellent posting, Vrischika.

Here is a link to a website that compares

3 stages in the development of The Bornless Ritual.

It is available in HTML and PDF.

I am using the Goodwin translation in all of my NAP magical workings.

This ritual will add great power to NAP if you are not already performing it.

Hope this helps...

Brother BBB

http://www.mysteryofmystery.com/Library ... arison.pdf
blackanddarkmagickthatworks.wordpress.com

supernaturalmagicklab.wordpress.com

youcandomagicthatworks.wordpress.com

Topic author
ElBrujo

Post#5 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:28 am

Vrischika wrote:Just to make sure, the "Borness One" is our higher self (Yechidah), the eternal part of our soul.

Hello Vrischika. Just to be sure, where did you find out this?

Topic author
Vrischika

Post#6 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:38 am

ElBrujo wrote:
Vrischika wrote:Just to make sure, the "Borness One" is our higher self (Yechidah), the eternal part of our soul.

Hello Vrischika. Just to be sure, where did you find out this?

I believe Crowley's mysticism was very much HGA / Augoeides / Higher Genius (aka. higher self) centered, and Bornless One (as it is invoked in modern times) is commonly considered to be another name for this divine aspect of ourselves. Correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Topic author
axismundi

Post#7 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:27 pm

Crowley's version is HGA oriented as he makes clear in book 4. The original Graeco-Egyptian fragment is an exorcism.

Topic author
Martialis

Post#8 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:38 pm

The Bornless One is not necessarily the "higher self", Yechidah, Augoeides, etc. As Axis noted it comes down to us as part of an Exorcism Rite and in the context of graeco-egyptian magic the Bornless One might well be any entity considered in varying degrees. For instance, in his article 'The Demons of Magic' Morton Smith considers this invocation of the 'Headless One' (sometimes translated instead of 'bornless') and how he thinks it might refer to the Earth since it appears in conjunction with Seb the Egyptian God of Earth. In any case the Bornless One could be used for a variety of purposes including the invocation of the "higher self", etc.

Topic author
31 Sword Illusion

Post#9 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:46 pm

Thank you all, and thank you Brother Butterball for posting that very interesting link! I intend to print up later this week the sheets that compare 3 stages in the development of The Bornless Ritual that you provided, and spend some time going over it and contemplating it. Thank you so much for sharing it. It looks very interesting to me.

Grab
Adeptus Minor

Post#10 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:11 am

Also interesting to note although possibly counterproductive for results is the theory that Headless One was a name of the old dark god Set of the Egyptian pantheon. So invoking Headless One basically boils down to invoking satanic forces.. Since I'm of the type "whatever works", it doesn't cause too much problem for me personally.

Also, it is a theory and not "TRUTH" (as if such a thing existed).
".. nothing but infinite chaos, stochastically dragged into existence by each and every observer according to their predispositions, and by manipulating these .."
(quoted from http://www.spiralnature.com/magick/chaosvseclectic/).