Daily Summoning or "So Mote It Be"?

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
jeff grayhair
Zelator

Daily Summoning or "So Mote It Be"?

Post#1 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:27 am

I know that in all magickal workings a degree of faith is required on the practitioners part in order for it to work.However in day-to-day life the ongoing struggle with doubt arises between the time gap of invocation and physical manifestation.When these random worrisome thoughts arise, what is the best route to take in regards to spirits were working with during that time?
Should we summon the spirit were currently working with (i.e:Please(fill in the blank)help me now in my time of need to lift this burden from me?)or should we thank the spirit as if the magickal working is finished(i.e:Thank you in advance--that manifestation is already finished even if it hasn't arrived in physical form as yet).
In other words do we keep asking for help daily between invocations or do we give gratitude for a result even if were anxious in the midst of our daily life?
Let me know what works for you

Moonlit Hermit
Adeptus Exemptus

Re: Daily Summoning or "So Mote It Be"?

Post#2 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:42 am

The work should not build the faith, the faith builds the work.
Meegius, Betzahuach, Vacdez, Nufeneguidez
http://moonlithermit.blogspot.com/

Tim the Enchanter
Neophyte

Post#3 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:03 am

At the end of the day it depends on what works for you.
For me, it's as follows. YMMV and all that.

jeff grayhair wrote:Should we summon the spirit were currently working with (i.e:Please(fill in the blank)help me now in my time of need to lift this burden from me?)

Never found this does much, myself.

jeff grayhair wrote:should we thank the spirit as if the magickal working is finished(i.e:Thank you in advance--that manifestation is already finished even if it hasn't arrived in physical form as yet).

I find the 'Attitude of Gratitude' works best if you're already in a neutral or better state of mind. The whole exercise begins to feel a little 'hollow' after a while otherwise.

There are a few other options:

Perform the Uncrossing Ritual in your imagination.

Perform the Central / Middle Pillar Ritual in your imagination.

^ In both instances really go overboard: make the 'Words of Power' echo out across the Universe, make your entire reality 'resonate' with their power. Once you've used these a few times in a ritual context they can work quite well as an 'emergency stabiliser' in day-to-day use.

There is also 'asking your subconscious mind questions' as a way of forcefully and repeatedly moving attention away from any unhelpful feelings and towards a more useful state of mind.

"How would it feel to be guided and protected by the great spirit/deity XYZ"
Repeat this like a mantra: I find it works well.

Normally I'm working with other Spirits/Deities in parallel with NAP so I'd maybe insert The Morrigan or Amun-Ra in there. If you are NAP-only then I'd say ARZEL might be a good choice for starters, being the gatekeeper of the system.

The questions from my last post would also work:
As you go about your day, just keep asking yourself "Is there an opportunity here to increase my wealth?" or "If I knew how to increase my wealth, what would I do?" or even "What would Nitika, spirit of Wealth, do?"

At the end of the day it comes down to discipline and practise. Sometimes a bit of doubt is a healthy thing to have, but if you decide that your current doubt is unhelpful then just forcefully and repeatedly barge through it with an Uncrossing or some 'Questions for your Inner Mind'. And keep doing it again and again and again until the 'doubt habit' drifts away.

Topic author
jeff grayhair
Zelator

Post#4 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:55 pm

Awesome advice.Extra special thanks to you Tim.
I noticed that throughout the past days I have come upon many subtle and minor gains.Just this morning on my commune to work I found a folded 20 dollar bill on the sidewalk.I immediately thanked Arzel and Nitika for the gain.I learned that nothing should be taken for granted in my magickal workings.I feel as my faith and my dealings with these spirits increase, so will be the results.

summerland
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#5 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:51 am

jeff grayhair wrote:I know that in all magickal workings a degree of faith is required on the practitioners part in order for it to work.However in day-to-day life the ongoing struggle with doubt arises between the time gap of invocation and physical manifestation.When these random worrisome thoughts arise, what is the best route to take in regards to spirits were working with during that time?
Should we summon the spirit were currently working with (i.e:Please(fill in the blank)help me now in my time of need to lift this burden from me?)or should we thank the spirit as if the magickal working is finished(i.e:Thank you in advance--that manifestation is already finished even if it hasn't arrived in physical form as yet).
In other words do we keep asking for help daily between invocations or do we give gratitude for a result even if were anxious in the midst of our daily life?
Let me know what works for you

Before i do rituals i light a incense burner (frankincense and myrrh resin) with a white tea light while i work and let it burn down as a token of my appreciation. When i give the license to depart I thank all spirits for their help.
"Ni neart go cur le cheile "

Jester
Neophyte

Post#6 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:41 pm

Thank you, Jeff for posting this question. My practice is to do a NAP ritual and after asking/summoning specific spirit to offer incense, plain water and to play specific music to them. Then, after few minutes I am saying "Thank you, please fulfill my bidding, I release you!". It is my personal way, as showen by spirits. Hopes it helps.
"Magic is juggling of the mind."

summerland
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#7 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:33 pm

Jester wrote:Thank you, Jeff for posting this question. My practice is to do a NAP ritual and after asking/summoning specific spirit to offer incense, plain water and to play specific music to them. Then, after few minutes I am saying "Thank you, please fulfill my bidding, I release you!". It is my personal way, as showen by spirits. Hopes it helps.

Humm.....I dont think asking spirits to "Please fulfill my bidding, I release you" will do it. Some spirits would probably take this as begging (or worship) I have never asked them Please and "I release you" I just say thank you and i give the license to depart.

Elubatel would have a field day with that.....He is not one that would release that easily

Brother_Moloch_969
Adeptus Minor

Post#8 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:39 pm

I do not see where saying "Please" and "Thank you" are bad or somehow wrong. WtF??? How is being courteous and respectful somehow the wrong protocol to follow? When you ask any authority figure for their assistance you typically ask for their help do you not? You were taught this is how to communicate to get something correct? Then pray tell why the fuck is it considered the wrong thing to do with spirits????
The Original Sorcerer
Stop by my website: http://www.molochsorcery.com
You cannot let things happen on their own if you desire changes to occur in ways which satisfy you.

Simha
Philosophus

Post#9 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:24 pm

Brother_Moloch_969 wrote:I do not see where saying "Please" and "Thank you" are bad or somehow wrong. WtF??? How is being courteous and respectful somehow the wrong protocol to follow? When you ask any authority figure for their assistance you typically ask for their help do you not? You were taught this is how to communicate to get something correct? Then pray tell why the fuck is it considered the wrong thing to do with spirits????

I can't agree more. I did a nearly by-the-book evocation based on The Goetia of Dr. Rudd about fifteen years ago and I had no idea what I was doing. This was when Joseph Lisiewiski was all the rage. The book takes a very adversarial view of the spirits (demons). I water fasted for days before the evocation since Dr. Rudd calls for a nine day fast. I performed the ritual and called the spirit, I threatened it and made no offerings. My results were wretched. I am pretty sure I caused a minor haunting in the apartment complex. It was operation that went wrong if not totally sideways.

After that I spent a good seven years focusing on nothing but mystical practices with no magick.

I then had major spirit contact that completely shook me. I was actually quite frightened for a while. The spirits asked for specific offerings that I had not read about in the book (I found out later in the book that what they asked for is what they like). I eventually worked again with some of the Lesser Key spirits after those experiences. I now always say please, thank you, and I am damn sure to make offerings. It doesn't matter if I am working with so-called angels or demons. My experiences are usually pleasant and a lot my practices now produce results (years worth now).

summerland
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#10 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:14 pm

Brother_Moloch_969 wrote:I do not see where saying "Please" and "Thank you" are bad or somehow wrong. WtF??? How is being courteous and respectful somehow the wrong protocol to follow? When you ask any authority figure for their assistance you typically ask for their help do you not? You were taught this is how to communicate to get something correct? Then pray tell why the fuck is it considered the wrong thing to do with spirits????

I never said thank you wasnt appropriate....wtf?.... Ive always heard saying please is a form of worship to Angels and Angels are not to be worshiped.