Finished reading NAP - Question?

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
wizardscauldron
Adeptus Minor

Finished reading NAP - Question?

Post#1 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:57 pm

Finally got round to reading NAP and I can see why it has a section all to itself. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and have started practicing. What gets me though is I have also read, 'Power of the Ancient Deities' by Marcus Bottomley. This book is very similar but slightly different. For example for the initial NAP ritual one must call upon NIKITA and OPIEL as well as ARZEL. Whereas in the NAP book only ARZEL is called upon. Now when we get to the incantations they are virtually the same, for example the first one in NAP being the contest winning rite. Now what baffles me is that Marcus states that magickal oil must be rubbed into the body before doing the invocation. There are different oils for the different spells. I have read several of Marcus's books and he is clearly a serious veteran of occult practice and I have the utmost respect for his work, as do others on this forum. Why does Marcus insist on the necessity of using magickal oils? Brother Moloch has endorsed this book and was selling oils to go with the book. Anyway I'm going to stick with NAP for the time being and see what happens
Hands that help are holier than lips that pray - S.S.S.B.

Martialis

Re: Finished reading NAP - Question?

Post#2 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:20 pm

Some comments were made on PAD here: http://www.studioarcanis.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=814&hilit=power+of+the+ancient+deities. I don't have the book and never read it but the oils are more than likely used with their traditional associations in mind.