Is this a typo in NAP?

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Shugal

Re: Is this a typo in NAP?

Post#11 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:00 am

Hi,

sorry for being late on this.

It's not a typo. On the contrary, it gives a strong hint to understanding where Cobb got some of his techniques.

YEH-HO-VO instead of YEHOVAH, DAHASS instead of DAATH, TIFARES instead of TIPHARET are askhenazi against sephardic (spelling?) forms of the same names, and the only (as far as I know) "magical" writer in whose books you find the old askhenazi spellings is Israel Regardie who, being of askhenazi origin, used those spellings in the first editions of some of his books, changing them later into sephardic.

There are pdfs on the net of these "old version" books, one should be THE ART OF TRUE HEALING.

Just my two cents.

Shugal

Slater wrote:Probably a dumb question but thought I'd check with you guys.

In the chant for money (p.52 NAP) the phonetic appears as this; "YEH-HO-VO-AH-VAY-DAH-ASS"

Was this just a simple typo and actually supposed to be YEH-HO-VO-EL-OH-AH-VAY-DAH-ASS"? (YHVH Eloah Vedaath)

Martialis

Post#12 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:57 pm

Actually it is. If you look at the chart he has YHVH Eloah Va Daas so assuming that it's a typo is prolly the more logical thing to do. Also he seems to use both dialects as previously mentioned throughout NAP.

Topic author
Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#13 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:49 pm

It's not a typo. On the contrary, it gives a strong hint to understanding where Cobb got some of his techniques.

I know where he got it from and it's a typo. He missed out some syllables from the Ashkenazi as found in the old version of True Art of Healing.

The "mistake" is in the "Eloah". I don't want to make a big deal out of it because I really think highly of this book. :)

It's no biggie, but it is incorrect in the chant and I just thought I'd point it out for anyone who wasn't confident in assessing that for themselves.

Cheers.

cyberpower
Zelator

Post#14 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:05 am

But I ask one person a magician, and he said there are no error in the book coz he got results and it works for him. And Gray-Cobb is British and also spirits responds understands and knows our intentions.

But for me, not sure for this, I only have one book, NAP 1974 edition ...so I don't know if there are any changes or typo corrections made in its other editions.
Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth.
- Henry David Thoreau

God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

Thurdiamond

Post#15 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:25 pm

Thanks, Shugal.

For years I have had a niggling feeling about the use of "VAY DAH ASS" over " VAY DAH AATH" and I just figured he learned his system from somebody that was not pronouncing it correctly, maybe due to old age, but that it worked nonetheless. Also, I have had the most trouble over trying to pronounce "EH YEH HEH" as there does not seem to be anyway to pronounce it and have it sound natural with all symbols rhyming with "yeah " of "Oh, yeah". Its almost a tongue twister if tried to pronounce it that way and the inability to get a smooth flow on it is probably blocking the power from coming through full force. I guess we could always email his daughter for help on this, supposing she was with him during group NAP rituals.

Also, there will be or maybe already are CD's of his voice for sale somewhere on the daughter's website (http://www.alternativeuniverse.ca/newsa ... p?newsID=9) , perhaps it would help to hear a recording of him.

Topic author
Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#16 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:55 am

Thurdiamond wrote:Thanks, Shugal.

For years I have had a niggling feeling about the use of "VAY DAH ASS" over " VAY DAH AATH" and I just figured he learned his system from somebody that was not pronouncing it correctly, maybe due to old age, but that it worked nonetheless. Also, I have had the most trouble over trying to pronounce "EH YEH HEH" as there does not seem to be anyway to pronounce it and have it sound natural with all symbols rhyming with "yeah " of "Oh, yeah". Its almost a tongue twister if tried to pronounce it that way and the inability to get a smooth flow on it is probably blocking the power from coming through full force. I guess we could always email his daughter for help on this, supposing she was with him during group NAP rituals.

Also, there will be or maybe already are CD's of his voice for sale somewhere on the daughter's website (http://www.alternativeuniverse.ca/newsa ... p?newsID=9) , perhaps it would help to hear a recording of him.

No...the typo is not about VAY-DAH-ASS OR VAY-DAH-AATH....that's a dialect thing and both are valid.

The typo was the omission of the syllables that make up ELOAH.

It was supposed to be YEH-HO-VO-EL-OH-AH-VAY-DAH-ASS as opposed to the typo which says YEH-HO-VO-AH-VAY-DAH-ASS (no mention of ELOAH)

Thurdiamond

Post#17 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:44 pm

Slater wrote:No...the typo is not about VAY-DAH-ASS OR VAY-DAH-AATH....that's a dialect thing and both are valid.

The typo was the omission of the syllables that make up ELOAH.

It was supposed to be YEH-HO-VO-EL-OH-AH-VAY-DAH-ASS as opposed to the typo which says YEH-HO-VO-AH-VAY-DAH-ASS (no mention of ELOAH)

Yeah, that was another thing I noticed.

I really would like some help on the "EH HEH YEH" pronounciation. I think I heard an Israel Regardie recording of him intoning it and it didnt sound anything like all syllables rhyming with "yeah" of "Oh, yeah". If anyone thinks they have the right pronounciation, would you consider uploading a voice clip of yourself saying it?

Topic author
Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#18 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:15 am

Thurdiamond wrote:Yeah, that was another thing I noticed.

I really would like some help on the "EH HEH YEH" pronunciation. I think I heard an Israel Regardie recording of him intoning it and it didnt sound anything like all syllables rhyming with "yeah" of "Oh, yeah". If anyone thinks they have the right pronunciation, would you consider uploading a voice clip of yourself saying it?

"EH HEH YEH is the phonetic. Pronounce it as is written. Forget the "yeah" thing. Just pronounce YEH as your accent dictates.

Jess

Post#19 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:48 pm

Slater wrote:I am enjoying working from this book with results from the third day of use.

Does it mean, that when you are expecting a reply or a thing to happen at a certain date, working on the possible outcome 3 days prior to the event is enough or do you need to plan it well in advance ?

Topic author
Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#20 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:08 am

Jess wrote:
Slater wrote:I am enjoying working from this book with results from the third day of use.

Does it mean, that when you are expecting a reply or a thing to happen at a certain date, working on the possible outcome 3 days prior to the event is enough or do you need to plan it well in advance ?

Hey there....no I just meant I read the book after work over two days and did the first working on the third day and very next day had a result. (I did the money chant...predictable I know :))