Is this normal?

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
IronOrchid
Adeptus Major

Is this normal?

Post#1 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:42 am

Is it normal to get harshed on - terrible slang but it really does sum it up - for being polite to (in this case) Arzel, who I was communicating with and dared to say "please"? :lol:

It's kind of funny, but is that like a regular thing in this kind of work?

Hope this makes sense. 8-)
"...there's no such thing as the unknown. Only things temporarily hidden, temporarily not understood."
Captain James T Kirk

vovin
Adeptus Exemptus

Re: Is this normal?

Post#2 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:39 am

Yes that has been my same experience with NAP I have been cautioned to approach the spirits with extreme reverence and respect.. NAP doesnt talk about offerings. But I think it is key to forging a strong on going relationship. And who doesnt like a bit of a thank you now and again.. :)
Vovin
Remember 'For the Man of Religion, Believes in God, The Magician, Knows God.'
(Ars Solomonis)

Topic author
IronOrchid
Adeptus Major

Post#3 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:03 am

I sort of got the impression I was being warned to not be overly polite in a supplicating manner (if that makes sense) so "please" wasn't welcome, although thank you always seems to go down well. :mrgreen:

London's premier occult supply store John Lewis 8-) had some nice beeswax candles in, so I've bought some of those as a "thank you" offering so far, will look into other things maybe this weekend.
"...there's no such thing as the unknown. Only things temporarily hidden, temporarily not understood."
Captain James T Kirk

vovin
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#4 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:06 am

Vovin
Remember 'For the Man of Religion, Believes in God, The Magician, Knows God.'
(Ars Solomonis)

Topic author
IronOrchid
Adeptus Major

Post#5 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:33 am

Already noted that one down, thanks!! :mrgreen: (Also trying the freeze spell on a vexatious person, I'm a busy little weirdo... :lol: )

There seems to be a honey theme going on for me right now, I was kind of prodded to buy honey complete with the comb inside, and the candles sort of jumped out at me, don't know what it's all about but I'm happy to get any communication so early into this.

I've been slowly reading through the archives here in between other stuff, and this thread about Metatron caught my interest - the quote below from MagiAwen's post has something of the tone of my earlier interaction:

[I heard a suggestion to "kneel to me"…I suggested back "I kneel to none". And then recieved indications my response was good...and immediately suggested it angered me to be tested, recieved back something like an apology lol...more relaxation sensations and a sort of energy injection...all I can call it at this point. All seemed positive.]

Fascinating stuff, all of it! :mrgreen:
Captain James T Kirk

Darbla
Adeptus Minor

Post#6 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:45 pm

What is "harshed on"? Never heard that.
As a witch, she naturally didn't believe in any occult nonsense of any sort.

Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#7 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:50 pm

Darbla wrote:What is "harshed on"? Never heard that.

Sort of like being scolded or reprimanded although that stretches it a bit.

Topic author
IronOrchid
Adeptus Major

Post#8 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:17 am

Slater wrote:
Darbla wrote:What is "harshed on"? Never heard that.

Sort of like being scolded or reprimanded although that stretches it a bit.

"Goes all black and shouty-scary and throws big ouchy needles" would be another definition. 8-)

Followed by going back to normal as soon as I'd realised (and before I'd verbalised it even in my own mind) that it wasn't the right way to proceed. He's already assisted me in a couple of ways that came out straight and true, so I think he just didn't want me to get into pleading, which is the ultimate definition I guess of using the word "please."

I have various existing theories about this but in this application it would be, "I/we will do what we will do, but wheedling won't get you anywhere and is disempowering to you and derogatory to us." Which, fair one - only really icky beings tend to want you to give them something you don't want to give, in exchange for help. Lesson learned.
Captain James T Kirk

Scream

Post#9 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:22 am

I also have a question about something it happened, but i'm not sure if it has anything to do with nap.

3 days ago I did a general purpose invocation to ask for money. not a huge sum(3000euro).
the next day, i thought of a not so decent way to get the money.
That day, I had a ridiculously hard day at work, that stressed me out to the max. It was a day out of hell. honestly.
I never had a worst day at work since I started working there...

Could have this been a negative side effect of the ritual I made in the previous day?

Topic author
IronOrchid
Adeptus Major

Post#10 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:01 am

Scream wrote:Could have this been a negative side effect of the ritual I made in the previous day?

I think the best way to get an authoritative answer would be to ask your Magic Mentor - not a phrase I'm crazy about btw, but there ya go.

Anyway they should be able to address it more clearly, or failing that contacting Arzel, or the being you invoked, and asking them for a sign? There's a pretty comprehensive system in there for checking things, with dowsing, and I imagine you'd be able to get some indication. Good luck. 8-)
Captain James T Kirk