What makes this book NAP 'really work'...?

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

BrotherButterball
Adeptus Major

Re: What makes this book NAP 'really work'...?

Post#11 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:12 am

That's right regarding the sensationalist writing in the advertising and books.

Back in the 1970s, Parker Publishing put out writers guidelines for aspiring authors.

In these guidelines, one was asked to write down approximately 12 chapter headlines,

and 12 subheadings, using superlative English terms, such as Great Gold Creating Ritual,

and Overwhelming Good Luck Is Mine Ritual. Mr. Geof Gray-Cobb probably just followed

what they the publishers suggested. I would never fault him for it. Many others writers

working for Parker, a subsidiary of Prentice Hall, did the same things in their own writings.

Butterball
blackanddarkmagickthatworks.wordpress.com

supernaturalmagicklab.wordpress.com

youcandomagicthatworks.wordpress.com

Topic author
skyhorse

Post#12 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:04 am

xxx
Last edited by skyhorse on Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vovin
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#13 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:27 am

Not sure if we are all talking about the same thing here...

When I speak about the NAP's current, I am not speaking directly on the physical book's link up with a current, i.e., whether you physically own a paperback copy or a PDF version.

I am talking about an actual egregore that is attached to the NAP magickal system itself.
The book itself, is not an amulet or talisman, IMHO....but I think the NAP system is linked up to a greater current

(in fact, I'm pretty sure it is!)

Of course it is ! ;)
Vovin
Remember 'For the Man of Religion, Believes in God, The Magician, Knows God.'
(Ars Solomonis)

Topic author
skyhorse

Post#14 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:45 am

xxx
Last edited by skyhorse on Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vovin
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#15 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:55 am

I dont do it exactly by the book .. But I would suggest that. If you are starting out.
Vovin
Remember 'For the Man of Religion, Believes in God, The Magician, Knows God.'
(Ars Solomonis)

Topic author
skyhorse

Post#16 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:08 pm

xxx
Last edited by skyhorse on Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Brother Suroh

Post#17 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:26 pm

Indeed and also, the the current the book is connected to is goetic and kabbalistic currents of magic which are extremely powerful and almost always much more complex and harder to learn in the traditional methods. I love working with NAP and learning more which allows one to craft their own spells and additions to rituals and attributions to entities as you learn and develop relationships with them.

Topic author
Frater Lovechild

Post#18 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:57 am

skyhorse wrote:The New Avatar Power Ritual, which takes approx 15 minutes....

...can be done in a couple of minutes via Alpha State/ Gnosis then incorporating the Power Names.

IMHO the Entities build a relationship with the mage pretty quickly once a connection to the current is 'made'.

I will try to skip relaxation part of the New Avatar Power Ritual because reading the damn thing don't make me relax!.

I could just add my own relaxation method in between without skipping the Words of Power right? :roll:

Topic author
Brother Suroh

Post#19 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:12 pm

Yup. I tried that ritual once or twice but found it to be way to long and useless once you reach a certain level of understanding and proficiency.

Basic breathing exercises or Prana Breath (Breathing threw your skin and body) for 2 mins or the golden ball exercise are all good replacements.

Topic author
Izabael

Post#20 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:43 am

The reason I like NAP is that it's very streamlined (once you excise the nonsense), and makes perfect skeletons for spontaneous rituals. Every NAP ritual I do has spontaneous touches that comes easily because NAP itself is so simple...that leaves me free to extemporize.

Also I DO like his relaxation ritual even though you guys have been bashing it. I used to study hypnosis so I've heard Goddess knows how many induction scripts and this one is good. It's not long at all for an induction script ...some run 2-3x that...but if you read it slowwwwly with a deep vocal resonance it's quite effective.

As to why it works? Making a decision to perform this ritual for a clearly defined goal actually cuts through a lot of mental/emotional merde, pardon my French...then that can jiggle lose what was just out of reach. So many times we've just blocked ourselves and this is a very clean and straightforward system of having a clear purpose. Also, duh, it's Qabalistic, which nearly everyone gives credit for at least some sort of magickal resonance.

iza

p.s. The book's strength is also its weakness, as alone it can be too lean and straightforward to produce the necessary psychological change needed for penetrating magick rituals. But like I said above, it's a good bare bones Qabalistic structure, and anyone with the slightest imagination can make them a LOT more fun.