Do u face the East?

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
cyberpower
Zelator

Do u face the East?

Post#1 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:06 am

When doing any of the NAP ritual, even Point A, spells, Dee-Hay-Thooth, etc...will it be more better facing the East?

Coz one of the master/author says when meditating always face the North, that is for meditation. I was then wondering, how bout invocations... or doing spells...is it the East? Or we can just face anywhere and it's still be ok? :roll:
Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth.
- Henry David Thoreau

God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

Soundwave
Practicus

Re: Do u face the East?

Post#2 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:57 am

I face east because thats the default direction of my temple.
I had always figured that east was the direction of choice because it is where the sun rises and there fore the origin of the light

vovin
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#3 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:25 am

Face east as you invoke Arzel who is in that quarter..
Vovin
Remember 'For the Man of Religion, Believes in God, The Magician, Knows God.'
(Ars Solomonis)

lenvdb
Zelator

Post#4 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:30 am

Gosh!!!!

I have been facing NORTH all this time!!!

Why didnt you SAY something guys!!!!!

:o
Wanderer_Sag
Neophyte
In matters of religion it is easy to deceive a man - it is hardest to un-deceive him.
Blog: http://wanderersag.blogspot.com/

Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#5 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:35 pm

I face east. Its out of habit because the LBRP and I guess the Arzel connection too.

Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#6 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:36 pm

lenvdb wrote:Gosh!!!!

I have been facing NORTH all this time!!!

Why didnt you SAY something guys!!!!!

:o

You had your curtains drawn and we couldn't see what you were doing...would have said something otherwise! :D

IronOrchid
Adeptus Major

Post#7 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:38 pm

Vovin wrote:Face east as you invoke Arzel who is in that quarter..

Me too: also, I was sat at my desk, which faces east... 8-)

Len, north may also be suitable, I can't link source as I've been awake since 5am, but those are usually the direction for auspicious/upward-flow/right hand path stuff. Not always, just usually enough.

Check your Feng Shui directions by the classical method, that may help - east & north are both good for me, I dunno if it would matter though, there's such a thing as too much perfectionism. :lol:

I been posting about this because if I do FM's Rituals, I need an altar to the north - /viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1727
"...there's no such thing as the unknown. Only things temporarily hidden, temporarily not understood."
Captain James T Kirk

156Current
Neophyte

Post#8 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:18 pm

IronOrchid wrote:Len, north may also be suitable, I can't link source as I've been awake since 5am, but those are usually the direction for auspicious/upward-flow/right hand path stuff. Not always, just usually enough.

That's true. In the Goetia, for instance, the magickian is supposed to face east, where the triangle that binds the spirit is. I guess some people might not consider the Goetia to be right-hand path, but I do, since you're using the names of JHVH and his angels to protect you from the spirits you evoke.

Brother Suroh

Post#9 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:55 pm

It does say in the book to face east in the diagram. Heres my redux diagram.

MGaltarLayout.jpg

aserth

Post#10 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:06 am

Brother Suroh wrote:It does say in the book to face east in the diagram. Heres my redux diagram.

MGaltarLayout.jpg

Thats from "The Mystic Grimoir of Mighty Spells and Rituals" by Frater Malak(G.G.Cobb); I just past reading it.