Mixing systems with NAP

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Re: Mixing systems with NAP

Post#11 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:52 pm

skyhorse wrote:NAP has it's own Energy Circulation ritual, why do Regardie's Middle PIllar too?

Mate...the NAP uses the MP ritual.
The Energy Circulation of the NAP IS the 100% the MP ritual of the Golden Dawn.

NAP already contains a Banishing ritual- why use a LBRP too?

How many times do you want to Banish?

The LBRP is an extension of the older QC that the NAP uses. People are not doing both...they use one of the other as the LBRP is in many ways an advanced version of the same ritual. It is also the ritual most pick up at the very beginning and old habits die hard. Seeing as the QC is the basis if the LBRP it is not out of place to do one of the other.

vovin
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#12 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:44 am

Lol! let’s not even get into the Bornless ritual.. :) We are disagreeing with you on certain parts of your argument. Yes as a standalone newbie system NAP is brilliant, and NO. you don’t need to change anything. But at its heart its a synthesized Hodge podge of Golden Dawn with grimoire and planetary influences. Like you mentioned. And you are right some of us are more comfortable with doing things our way.. You are only going to be a better magician by delving deeper into the where this all came from. Some of us that have been working with NAP for a good few years now have found that incorporating the full LBRP and the Full Bornless or Headless Rituals as well as working with the spirits like Elubatel and Zoriel and Sabriel directly using other methods have been far more effective but that’s because we have established a relationship with these powerful spirits.

NAP isn’t perfect there is a typo in the NAP Middle Pillar (Daa's should be Daath)

Some of the words are questionable (Ankhar) etc. Unfortunately we don’t have access to Gray-Cobb or his ordo campo santos to verify where they got some of this stuff, or what motivated them to use certain things the way they did.

As for the LBRP it’s not just a banishing ritual Aleister Crowley calls it "the medicine of metals and the stone of the wise" It has its own secrets. You really should dig into it a little more.

As for your quote 'Mixing magickal systems IS chaos magick!' Mnnn thats a typical n00b attitude If you do your research on practically every system from The Golden Dawn , Most of the Grimoire Traditions like the Goetia , The 6th and Seventh Books everything by Agrippa was and is traced back to other cultures and traditions. I have news for you there is no pure or untainted magical system..

None of us have any issue with your views on newbies should stick to the book etc. but it’s a short book and most on this forum have only wanted to explore things further once they get results..
Vovin
Remember 'For the Man of Religion, Believes in God, The Magician, Knows God.'
(Ars Solomonis)

Topic author
skyhorse

Post#13 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:03 pm

xxx
Last edited by skyhorse on Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gibil
Adeptus Major

Post#14 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:16 pm

Sky, that's a little over kill man.

Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#15 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:56 pm

Gibil wrote:Sky, that's a little over kill man.

For some reason I am not surprised though.
We certainly did not get owned. :lol:

Topic author
skyhorse

Post#16 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:04 am

xxx
Last edited by skyhorse on Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vovin
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#17 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:01 am

It still amazes me how people get all worked up when you get into a little debate.. Oh well! Adios!
Vovin
Remember 'For the Man of Religion, Believes in God, The Magician, Knows God.'
(Ars Solomonis)

Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#18 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:12 am

skyhorse wrote:Here's a true story I will now share.

About 5 years ago, I hit the Lottery (Big money, not bragging, but it was a HUGE Payout.), using the 'New Avatar Power' book & Cobb's/Malak's 'Mystical Grimoire'.

Prior, I worked Magick for almost 40 years.

As an offering, around the anniversary of my lottery winning, I will email random people and tell them about the NAP/MG, usually individuals in magickal forums, yahoo groups, etc., who are beginners and having no luck financially.

This year, I thought I would do something cool, and post here, on an actual forum, which even had their own "NAP" category.

....Seemed perfect.

In retrospect, BIG MISTAKE ON MY PART TO POST HERE.

You can delete My Account.

That is an admirable thing to do; it really is.
It's just unfortunate that your lack of knowledge of Qabalah and GD based magick meant that you couldn't see how the NAP is a simple, very accessible and very workable derivative of the same system.

You didn't know that....no harm done. But your posts suggested you were saying the NAP is diametrically opposed to the very systems on which it was based. You can't blame people for picking you up on it. And NO ONE bagged you for it.

It's sort of like saying Americans should stick to speaking "American" and not draw on other languages such as English. It just doesn't make sense since they are one and the same with some slight variances. Does that make sense?

I guess your mistake was assuming this was a beginners board. I am less experienced than the guys I learn from here...but this not the board for people who do not have a vast library and a voracious appetite for knowledge and therefore spend a great deal of time studying and applying their knowledge.

Lets be completely honest here...your second last post does not bespeak of one approaching fifty years of age. Dude.

Gibil
Adeptus Major

Post#19 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:29 am

Skyhorse,

I see no reason for us to delete your account, I really don't. You are perfectly able to willing to just ignore this forum or even better just stop posting; there is no neccessity to delete this account. That being said take some time off the forums to just do some more work and more importantly some personal growth so that you can come back to the forum in a couple of months.

But before you leave this forum Sky. I would like you to understand a key fact. That online forums are a realm for debate. If you bring an idea or wish to discuss the idea, then you are opening the floor for said debate, and while no one will attack or should attack you; your ideas and thoughts are open to discussion. Unlike a few of the people who post here; I tend to keep my head about a few places so I have run into you before. If you honestly beleive these ideas that you are presenting are correct; then it would behoove you to actually put some thought into them and more importantly stand behind them.

If you want to preach/proselytize go to church, you want to discuss come here.

Will is a very crucial part of what we do. You could call it will or focus, you could even throw some guts in there. But part of that means standing behind what we say and what we do. If you are going to leave a forum the moment someone disagree's with you or you are going to throw in Cartman you will not find a "home" any where on the net.

rif
Practicus

Post#20 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:45 pm

I was browsing old NAP posts, and noticed this comment.

Vovin wrote:NAP isn’t perfect there is a typo in the NAP Middle Pillar (Daa's should be Daath)

While several of the NAP names are considered erroneous, I think Daas is legitimate. It has to do with the Hebrew dialect as spoken. Regardie's earlier works apparently used "Daas" from one dialect, but later he switched to "Daath" as he chose a more commonly used dialect. This is documented in The Middle Pillar book's introduction.

I thought I'd share for those who might be interested. So enjoy -- or disregard if you prefer. :D