Mixing systems with NAP

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
skyhorse

Mixing systems with NAP

Post#1 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:43 pm

xxx
Last edited by skyhorse on Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Topic author
Brother Suroh

Re: Mixing systems with NAP

Post#2 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:45 pm

I disagree. Nap is basiclly striped down Golden Dawn methods essentially. LBRP ect wouldnt really mess it up.

vovin
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#3 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:54 pm

You are entitled to your opinion.. But I wouldn't go as far as to call Nap pure.. Funny that Gray-Cobb uses the invokation part of the LBRP and he uses the middle pillar with typo on daath in the book. I suggest you do a serious qabalistic study on the LBRP comparing that to the invocation of Arzel. You will find they are perfectly compatible you are obviously entitled to do whatever you feel works for you, but I wouldn't push my opinions on others your post comes accross as dogmatic.

V
Vovin
Remember 'For the Man of Religion, Believes in God, The Magician, Knows God.'
(Ars Solomonis)

Topic author
skyhorse

Post#4 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:16 am

xxx
Last edited by skyhorse on Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#5 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:25 am

skyhorse wrote: I see the NAP as a stand alone system, with it's own unique egregore.

See I don't agree there. A few of the entities are angels who appear in older grimoires like the 6 & 7 Books of Moses. In that sense it's neither unique or terribly egregoric in nature. (that's just my opinion obviously)

Not to mention the fact that no less than three members here have successfully performed evocation to full manifestation of Elubetel, one of the Angelics from these books.

Rather than stand-alone or egregoric like the Necronomicon...NAP draws heavily on a rich Qabalistic tradition. Some elements are simplified but the integral aspects of the rituals are still present. The MP and QC for example are all older rituals that have Yogic and Qabalistic roots.

In my opinion, NAP is not egregoric at all. It is Qabalah magic at it's most accessible. (BTW....I always do the full LBRP with my NAP workings rather than the simple Qabalah Cross that Grey-Cobb illustrates. The Qabalah Cross is in the NAP...and is basis of the LBRP which is also now a staple of Qabalist tradition thanks to the GD.
Last edited by Slater on Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:12 am, edited 5 times in total.

Gibil
Adeptus Major

Post#6 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:30 am

While I usually don't step into the realm of the NAP forum simply because I have never fooled around with the system I do know from experience, that the idea of shoving one's view of reality into another view of reality rarely fits well. That being said if the system is based off a prior system or more importantly a sense of training, us knowing or understanding that will not hurt us in the slightest and will more often help us.

That being said, NAP is not chaos magick and does not as such have it's own egregore or current. Rather it is a part of the current that people refer to as the Tree Of Life. If you except this fact, then you except the fact that the LBRP and the NAP can mix.

Now for the more important question. Why are you trying to refer to the NAP being or having an egregore, and talking about not mixing systems?

vovin
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#7 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:42 am

That's my point Nap is already a mish mash of systems. The power behind NAP isn't some mystical egregore. The power is inherent in the spirits themselves. Sure the book works just great on it's own, but like all systems you have to look at the source material. Obviously there is an overall Egregore to the system but like Gibs mentioned we are not working with Servitors here ala Chaos magick.
Vovin
Remember 'For the Man of Religion, Believes in God, The Magician, Knows God.'
(Ars Solomonis)

Topic author
skyhorse

Post#8 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:43 am

xxx
Last edited by skyhorse on Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Brother Suroh

Post#9 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:35 pm

To answer your question I would things is because the book works for the complete beginner and gets you started ASAP with results. Its a really good book for getting you started once you get a footing its good to build on or recognize where is from and adjust your path accordingly.

Books like NAP and other simplified magick books like Koettings prove that alot of rituals and things were pointless and there due to personal choices and styles of many lodges groups ect.

Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#10 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:50 pm

skyhorse wrote:I will reiterate, (again lol)

The Original Post WAS for LESS experienced Mage

But......

"If it aint broken, don't fix it"

NAP already contains a Banishing ritual- why use a LBRP too?

How many times do you want to Banish?

NAP has it's own Energy Circulation ritual, why do Regardie's Middle PIllar too?

Why have a separate forum JUST for the NAP, then? ......

.........Maybe because it is one book that actually works, all by ITSELF?

"If it aint broken, don't fix it"

But adding other 'SAME' rituals to the NAP, it appears you aren't content with the way the NAP does it...

So again, why a separate forum JUST for the NAP?

Why not a separate forum with the category name of "Israel Regardie's "Golden Dawn"...?

------------------------
Mixing magickal systems IS chaos magick!

The Middle Pillar is in the NAP. Regardie's MP is the centre of the works of the second half of the book. Have you actually read it?