Interesting result from Astral Bomb Attack

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

IOftenPractice
Practicus

Re: Interesting result from Astral Bomb Attack

Post#11 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:49 am

The target seems to have great luck or strength. You should be very careful who you target lest you target someone stronger than you and more willing to strike back.

Topic author
Pengersw1ck
Neophyte

Post#12 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:20 am

IOftenPractice wrote:The target seems to have great luck or strength. You should be very careful who you target lest you target someone stronger than you and more willing to strike back.

I don't think this target was aware of what I was doing, or even had any magical beliefs let alone practice. I wasn't afraid of any repercussions from this guy, not magically at least.

I think it's more likely that I just suck at this type of magic. I have had successes in the past, but my success rate is very low, and I'm still trying to dissect what went wrong with this one.

Was the target "strong" somehow? I don't think the guy who got hit with the rare eye infection was on shakier ground than he was, so I'm not sure.

Was he "lucky"? Possibly. Although how that comes into play here I'm not sure, and is a whole other topic.

IOftenPractice
Practicus

Post#13 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:28 pm

Pengersw1ck wrote:
IOftenPractice wrote:The target seems to have great luck or strength. You should be very careful who you target lest you target someone stronger than you and more willing to strike back.

I don't think this target was aware of what I was doing, or even had any magical beliefs let alone practice. I wasn't afraid of any repercussions from this guy, not magically at least.

I think it's more likely that I just suck at this type of magic. I have had successes in the past, but my success rate is very low, and I'm still trying to dissect what went wrong with this one.

Was the target "strong" somehow? I don't think the guy who got hit with the rare eye infection was on shakier ground than he was, so I'm not sure.

Was he "lucky"? Possibly. Although how that comes into play here I'm not sure, and is a whole other topic.

It's very interesting why things fail. As for my current model:
x
strength = power (capacity or authority to change the world), allies (living, non-living, spirits), luck (ability to manipulate uncertainty, avoiding evil and seeking fortune). Like the NAP book says, some people are just naturals and everything goes their way while others are constantly suffering setbacks and fretting. Possibly what you invest cannot change the path of the target.

After I master the astral, I want to study the concepts of Luck and Dream. Tbh they share a lot of similarities. Both have to do with uncertainty.