Any success w/ astral travel

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
cyberpower
Zelator

Any success w/ astral travel

Post#1 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:31 am

Just wondering if any of you already had succeeded to astral travel using the technique in NAP book, coz I've tried it several times but still didn't succeed. Any advice and suggestions?
Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth.
- Henry David Thoreau

God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

vovin
Adeptus Exemptus

Re: Any success w/ astral travel

Post#2 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:33 am

I have been meaning to follup on this for some time. In My experience the material in NAP on Astral projection is sparse and I doubt effective. There are no real structure or exercises to build up on. I would suggest Robert Bruce's Astral Dynamics if you want to start working on Astral Projection.
Vovin
Remember 'For the Man of Religion, Believes in God, The Magician, Knows God.'
(Ars Solomonis)

Topic author
cyberpower
Zelator

Post#3 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:55 am

But I was a little bit worried if those mentioned from other sites are safe. Can I still use the Point A ritual in NAP and it's power words and supplements it with other techniques?

How bout like this?

http://www.5starpsychicadvice.com/How2A ... oject.html
- Henry David Thoreau

vovin
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#4 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:09 am

I would suggest just using it with NAP..
Vovin
Remember 'For the Man of Religion, Believes in God, The Magician, Knows God.'
(Ars Solomonis)

axeezo
Adeptus Minor

Post#5 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:27 pm

I remember that Justin on Evocational magics some years ago mentioned that he did have success with the Astral Projection technique ,think he used Success chant with it also,ill look or that and ask him if i can post it here.
Az=xeezo

Topic author
cyberpower
Zelator

Post#6 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:31 am

Is it more "safer" and better to be mentally and physically fit first before trying any astral projection techniques?

or does it affect the effectiveness if you're a physically fit person?
- Henry David Thoreau

Menxeperset

Post#7 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:50 am

cyberpower wrote:Is it more "safer" and better to be mentally and physically fit first before trying any astral projection techniques?

or does it affect the effectiveness if you're a physically fit person?

Dear Cyberpower,

It's pretty safe to do in general. My first resource was Kraig's Modern Magick exercises. I think there are 3 of them. Also, his "Advanced Tarot Contemplation" ritual uses the major arcana the way tattwas were used by the G.: D.: and is well worth the effort as it brings you a deeper understanding of the tarot as well as teaches you how to mentally / astrally project (if you see a difference between the two).

The Art and Practice of Astral Projection by Ophiel is good, too.
http://www.amazon.com/Art-Practice-Astral-Projection/dp/0877282463

Being fit helps you clarify the line between body and psyche, which is useful for astral projection, imho. However, strengthening your ability to visualize and concentrate are key. You may want to look into Peter Carroll's Liber MMM as well.

Best,

Menxeperset

Topic author
cyberpower
Zelator

Post#8 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:26 am

Many tnx for that.

Any more astral projection techniques that works?

I've read some and tried some, but no success yet, Coz I was then thinking now that relaxation is one of the first key...for successfull a.p....coz there are some who says that even listening to sleep music could lead them to astral projection....hhmmnnn...maybe I am not that fully relaxed.
- Henry David Thoreau

axeezo
Adeptus Minor

Post#9 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:05 pm

A good astral course thats good is one i took from a guy over @ mystic web now Gnostic web years ago, do a search for them.
Axeezo

rif
Practicus

Post#10 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:48 pm

axeezo wrote:I remember that Justin on Evocational magics some years ago mentioned that he did have success with the Astral Projection technique ,think he used Success chant with it also,ill look or that and ask him if i can post it here.
Az=xeezo

Does Justin still blog anywhere? He had some good stuff in his blogspot blog when it was active.

And on a related note, do you know if his book (which you've previously recommended) is still available? I'm lately interested in IIH techniques; but I'd welcome a more streamlined approach. Especially if someone has already worked with one. :) I'm curious how Justin's book is, although I don't want to take this thread too far OT.

Thanks!