Thanks for NAP!

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Bluetorch
Neophyte

Re: Thanks for NAP!

Post#11 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:56 am

Menxeperset wrote:
Bluetorch wrote:is the LBRP hard?im new to high ceremonial magick.

Hmm. By hard do you mean difficult to do? It does take practice before it really starts to resonate with you. What system / author of ceremonial magic are you using?

yea i mean difficult.well NAP and soon NEC.i want to learn it too.i read that is very good.

Bluetorch
Neophyte

Post#12 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:10 am

Menxeperset wrote: I have had great success so far with contacting the Mentor
Menxeperset

what do you mean when you say great results?

Topic author
Menxeperset

Post#13 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:57 am

Bluetorch wrote:
Menxeperset wrote: I have had great success so far with contacting the Mentor
Menxeperset

what do you mean when you say great results?

Call it the "Knowledge and Conversation" of my MM--which is to say that knowledge and perception of his presence as well as the experience of interaction.

Topic author
Menxeperset

Post#14 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:37 pm

Just a quick update on the Occult Judo working: there has been complete silence from the person in question. After our odd encournter (mentioned earlier in this thread), it has been as though she no longer existed. She did facilitate my efforts as ordered by admin., but after that she seemed to go into stealth mode. Frankly, she hasn't be around work much, either.

Things could be happening with her. I really don't expect (nor do I want) some big misfortune to fall on her from the skies. But if these are the results, they are extremely subtle.

Of course, there would be peculiar results with NAP--probably results conditioned by my inexperience with the grimoire. I remember the first time I did some work with Marlborough's Magic Power of the Saints.* Those results were exactly what I intended but came about so gently that it took me a while to realize they had. These days, my magic is usually "open and shut" in the sense that if I do A, then A either comes about or (in rare instances) does not. However, this working resulted in a kind of indeterminacy. Yes. much as with the art judo itself, the negativity has been redirected. However, I did not experience that "Aha! Victory!" feeling that I usually get with the results from a Goetic working or candle magic or sigilization or whatever.

Questions / comments / critiques of this are encouraged.

Mxs

* http://www.amazon.com/Magical-Power-Saints-Evocation-Rituals/dp/1567184561 - what do you think about this text?

[V]
Practicus

Post#15 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:25 pm

At first glance NAP really looks like some silly spell book you'd find at Borders...
It seems like everyone is having great results, which is shocking really lol.

It seems like the structure of the rituals are
call upon ____ I demand ______ & then some cryptic magick word.

How can I find the meaning behind these cryptic words?
I make an effort to research the names of the entities being called upon, but when it comes to these random words I'm stumped.

Do you think creating your own spell under the same format (same entity & cryptic magick word) would work fine? Have you done it?
[V]

Topic author
Menxeperset

Post#16 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:46 pm

[V] wrote:At first glance NAP really looks like some silly spell book you'd find at Borders...

I make an effort to research the names of the entities being called upon, but when it comes to these random words I'm stumped.

Do you think creating your own spell under the same format (same entity & cryptic magick word) would work fine? Have you done it?

NAP is a composite of several traditions. I have written many original workings that have worked just fine. However, I am kind of pleased by NAP. It's a charming grimoire. The key to the Work in NAP is in the cheesy testimonials, which hide a lot of secrets. The entire system (its ins and outs and pitfalls) is there in plain view, but it is only half a system if you don't get what's embedded in the anecdotes. I didn't get why the book was so special until I started noticing things there. Also, using Google to get more information on the names of power, entities, etc. is good as well as searching these forums. What I have just said should be enough. Think like a magician and read the whole thing. Others here have also suggested this, not just me. ;)

BrotherButterball
Adeptus Major

Post#17 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:33 am

[V] wrote:At first glance NAP really looks like some silly spell book you'd find at Borders...

Hello V,

Mr. Geof Gray-Cobb did mention on this forum I believe,

that most of The Mystic Grimoire and New Avatar Power

were channeled from and inspired by his guide, Harry.

I feel that Mr. Geof Gray-Cobb had some real magical talents.

Brother BBB
blackanddarkmagickthatworks.wordpress.com

supernaturalmagicklab.wordpress.com

youcandomagicthatworks.wordpress.com

IronOrchid
Adeptus Major

Post#18 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:27 pm

Menxeperset wrote:The Background: I know someone professionally who is skilled in shamanism and what I think might be a Native American metaphysical system.

It's possible she's getting royally bollocked by her spirit guides etc, via her own shamanic connection.

Shamanism was (and still is) my primary method of working, and as you know and I discovered early on, people can be talented & powerful shamans but still total dysfunctional shitheads, because power isn't directly tied to the individual's "evolution" (if you know what I mean). I mean that it's not like say yoga, where accomplishment tends to go hand in hand with detachment, insight and compassion.

If she was getting that it might account for her oddness, coz she can hardly come out and tell you about it (does she know you practice magick btw?), but at the same time she's experiencing it as real.

I find this interesting (partly from the POV of two different approaches to the occult clashing! I'm on Team Evo aka you, needless to say 8-) ) and would be interested to know how it comes out!

Do you want me to PM you an incantation I got in a trance state (shamanically) to reverse an evil intention? It's real simple, and throwing back at her some of her own-style mojo (and it's karmically neutral, just a reversal) might add to the mix? 8-)

IOx
"...there's no such thing as the unknown. Only things temporarily hidden, temporarily not understood."
Captain James T Kirk

Topic author
Menxeperset

Post#19 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:29 am

IronOrchid wrote:
Menxeperset wrote:The Background: I know someone professionally who is skilled in shamanism and what I think might be a Native American metaphysical system.

It's possible she's getting royally bollocked by her spirit guides etc, via her own shamanic connection.
Shamanism was (and still is) my primary method of working, and as you know and I discovered early on, people can be talented & powerful shamans but still total dysfunctional shitheads, because power isn't directly tied to the individual's "evolution" (if you know what I mean). I mean that it's not like say yoga, where accomplishment tends to go hand in hand with detachment, insight and compassion.
If she was getting that it might account for her oddness, coz she can hardly come out and tell you about it (does she know you practice magick btw?), but at the same time she's experiencing it as real.
I find this interesting (partly from the POV of two different approaches to the occult clashing! I'm on Team Evo aka you, needless to say 8-) ) and would be interested to know how it comes out!
Do you want me to PM you an incantation I got in a trance state (shamanically) to reverse an evil intention? It's real simple, and throwing back at her some of her own-style mojo (and it's karmically neutral, just a reversal) might add to the mix? 8-)
IOx

Thank you. I have dealt with her sufficiently. I think she now has an idea of who she was fucking with. The "Occult Judo Ritual" was good. It was actually a little gentle for my taste. But it worked, and still continues working on her after the fact (ripples and repercussions). :twisted: