Rituals are exhausting

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
Kappa
Zelator

Rituals are exhausting

Post#1 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:28 am

I am wondering if I am doing something wrong or if this is just part of the process. I started doing NAP rituals back last week. I was just doing the Point A and a spell at first. I felt different from the first ritual, it was like I was full of nervous energy and I couldn't sleep. Now I am doing Point A, middle pillar, bornless, spell, etc. I am so exhausted! Now, immediately following the ritual, I feel a burst of energy that turns into a "hangover" type feeling. I feel pressure in my head, and of course the elusive "tickling of the ant" between my eyebrows that feels more like the "tightening of the C clamp" at times throughout the day. I was sure that would be more subtle and "imaginary" type of feeling, but I feel like there is a spoon trying to pry open my third eye from the inside out and I am sure there is something physically happening as opposed to mental in this case. I want to keep the process up, as I am planning on doing a new spell today, how can I return back to my normal self afterwards? I count down and do the LBRP, do I need to take a break or will this only get better the more I do it?

ETA: I just wanted to say that Elubatel works lightening fast. :shock:

Menxeperset

Re: Rituals are exhausting

Post#2 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:49 pm

Kappa wrote:I am wondering if I am doing something wrong or if this is just part of the process. I started doing NAP rituals back last week. I was just doing the Point A and a spell at first. I felt different from the first ritual, it was like I was full of nervous energy and I couldn't sleep. Now I am doing Point A, middle pillar, bornless, spell, etc. I am so exhausted! Now, immediately following the ritual, I feel a burst of energy that turns into a "hangover" type feeling. I feel pressure in my head, and of course the elusive "tickling of the ant" between my eyebrows that feels more like the "tightening of the C clamp" at times throughout the day. I was sure that would be more subtle and "imaginary" type of feeling, but I feel like there is a spoon trying to pry open my third eye from the inside out and I am sure there is something physically happening as opposed to mental in this case. I want to keep the process up, as I am planning on doing a new spell today, how can I return back to my normal self afterwards? I count down and do the LBRP, do I need to take a break or will this only get better the more I do it?

ETA: I just wanted to say that Elubatel works lightening fast. :shock:

You get used to the energy. Try the simple grounding and centering. Then take a nice warm shower and get something to eat. That should do it. Water can rebalance your energy and the digestive process is, in itself, a kind of grounding.

Mxs

Topic author
Kappa
Zelator

Post#3 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:19 pm

Ok, I am going to try this technique tomorrow. Thank you. I feel better today than I did yesterday, but still with the pressure in the middle of my forehead and I just feel on edge. It has been a major adjustment to go from "dormant" to "activated."

Jess

Post#4 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:31 am

Kappa wrote:Ok, I am going to try this technique tomorrow. Thank you. I feel better today than I did yesterday, but still with the pressure in the middle of my forehead and I just feel on edge. It has been a major adjustment to go from "dormant" to "activated."

I am glad I read that post, I was about to write more and less the same thing.
I do mostly meditation and visualization, but when it should be relaxing, I feel drained of all energy and have a uncomfortable feeling afterwards.

Any idea ? Am I doing something wrong.

wizardscauldron
Adeptus Minor

Post#5 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:39 am

Like Menexperset said plenty of water is a good start. Sit outside as you will need the freshest prana possible. Stretch your hands away from your body and shape them into a cup. Mentally create a ball of light in the cup of your hands. Then draw this light into into your head at shoulder level. See it pour light down into the rest of your body. Then lift the ball of light so it sits on the crown of your head pouring light down the back outside of your body under the soles of your feet and up over the front side of your body encasing the outside of your body back up into the ball of the light. If done properly you will feel electrical charges and rejuvination. Now look to the sky and and once again in your cupped hands create a ball of light and draw it towards your solar plexus area of your chest and see it enter into your body and disappear. You will soon feel total rejuvination. This should work the trick and rebalance your chakras.
Hands that help are holier than lips that pray - S.S.S.B.

IronOrchid
Adeptus Major

Post#6 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:51 pm

Kappa wrote:I am wondering if I am doing something wrong or if this is just part of the process.

I've found that to be part of the process with a lot of things - even relatively - how to describe it? - non-sorcerous work, like Sandra Ingerman's Medicine for the Earth stuff (shamanic trance > transfiguration into the Divine to purify personal & environmental toxins) is tiring at first, but you grow with it, everyone at their own pace - I sometimes knock myself out doing some shamanic work, so much coming through me, plus the level of concentration, I can barely grab the remote control and a glass of wine afterwards! :lol:

In my opinion it's how you grow, or at least how I grow - aka biting off almost more than I can chew: other people may have more of a viewpoint of mastery of their energy, and that's also wise and a good path to walk.

IOx
"...there's no such thing as the unknown. Only things temporarily hidden, temporarily not understood."
Captain James T Kirk

Seavel
Practicus

Post#7 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:46 am

I've been doing Relaxation/MiddlePillar/Bornless Invocation/Chant for 4 days, and for since 2nd day I'm extremely tired all the time. Ritual haven't been very effective and I think I chose wrong version (undirected chant for love instead of banishing/attracting) and I think about interrupting this practice and switching to attracting ritual.

Menxeperset

Post#8 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:23 pm

Seavel wrote:I've been doing Relaxation/MiddlePillar/Bornless Invocation/Chant for 4 days, and for since 2nd day I'm extremely tired all the time. Ritual haven't been very effective and I think I chose wrong version (undirected chant for love instead of banishing/attracting) and I think about interrupting this practice and switching to attracting ritual.

Hello Seavel,

In my opinion, what you are experiencing is relatively common when beginning a new metaphysical praxis. Consider that your magical ego--that part of your Self that is normally in control--prefers to keep you on the status quo. By following this routine on a daily basis, you are sending a particular amount of energy toward self-improvement / the fulfillment of your desires. That would be tiring for anyone, but I imagine it is especially tiring for someone just starting. I remember when I started performing the SIRP 3x/week and started falling asleep at odd times. I got over it, though, as my energetic system became used to the difference and the discipline.

Take heart. :D

Mxs

Seavel
Practicus

Post#9 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:02 pm

Thanks, I'm getting less tired now. And the spell seems to start working, I won't change it as I planned.

Topic author
Kappa
Zelator

Post#10 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:29 pm

Hi,
I obviously wrote this post a long time ago. I recently experienced something that has made a tremendous difference in how I feel during and after rituals. Active/open/activated or whatever you want to call it foot chakras! I was not even aware that we had energy centers there, even though in NAP Middle Pillar the foot is the last energy center visualized, I think most yoga texts show that the root is the lowest. Anyway, 2 nights ago at night in bed (I wake up frequently at night) I noticed some nice full sensations in my feet and knees, and a little activity around the heart. I did the NAP ritual yesterday, and actually had some very strong foot activity (along with the brow and throat) and it was absolutely WONDERFUL. I felt like a million bucks after the ritual. Now reading about the foot chakra, it is responsible for grounding and manifestation.

Anyways, just sharing some of the new developments I'm experiencing.