Help with working with Mercury?

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

aedria
Practicus

Re: Help with working with Mercury?

Post#11 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:43 pm

lenvdb wrote:In my Natal Chart, Mercury is in retrograde in Capricorn...

Yes - I am caution with communication etc in the workplace etc....
But how does Mercury in Capricorn in retrograde in my natal chart work against me? I dont know where to find the answer for that or how to fix it.

Any advice would be helpful.

I was born with Mercury in retrograde, and find Mercury invocations to be incredibly invigorating an useful. The only problem I've had with this aspecting is that if I do a Working sometimes it will not come to fruition until Mercury goes direct. I would suggest experimenting, and always close your circle when doing so.
"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."

Darbla
Adeptus Minor

Post#12 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:47 pm

There is a little bit about Mercury retrograde at this link. Not much, but I remembered this thread when I read it and figured it might be food for thought for you.

http://www.christopherpenczak.com/site2 ... rcury.html
As a witch, she naturally didn't believe in any occult nonsense of any sort.

lenvdb
Zelator

Post#13 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:25 am

Thank you
This has been really helpful in gaining a better understanding.
Wanderer_Sag
Neophyte
In matters of religion it is easy to deceive a man - it is hardest to un-deceive him.
Blog: http://wanderersag.blogspot.com/

splfr
Practicus

Post#14 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:29 am

Hi everyone,

I was one that used to believe in the retrograde planets thing, I no longer believe in that. For instance, I run a business, I have to sign contracts with customers, suppliers, government, banks, etc., I can’t afford to sit and wait until a planet is in a propitious cycle, if I have to write I do so, always trying to choose my words, always trying to avoid communication problems and misunderstandings.

So, as a magickian I got tired of the fears of don’t do this or that during “X” date, season or circumstance. What I do, is to enroll the help of Gods/Goddesses and spirits to achieve a goal, no matter the season, the planet, and such.

It is about my will and the magickians’ will in general, if I want something I do whatever it takes to get that, within my own moral boundaries, no matter the circumstances, I don’t even do divinations so often or before doing something, I don’t want anything influencing my will and my state of mind or conviction.

That I don’t think the stars influence on us? Of course, I do think so, and I know so. Magick is precisely to break whatever chains restrains us from achieving our goals, that simple.

By the way, I'm just learning the art, as many of you, I'm not the superMagickian, maybe my words sound a little bit (or maybe too much) cocky or arrogant, far from the truth, my words only reflect my approach to magick and life in general: to dare and to will (and to shift paradigms, as Fr.U.D. said).

SPL