Noob Questions

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
kasparov
Neophyte

Noob Questions

Post#1 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:43 am

Hy there I start using NAP and I have some questions:

1.It's necessary to read the whole book?
2.It's necessary to perform the NAP Ritual at same time every day in the some location?Or could I do it different times?
3.Can you recommend another books that could work fine with NAP?
4.Do I have to do the Ritual every day?
5.Do you perform any ritual from the book like Uncrossing Ritual... before and after the NAP Ritual?
6.It's necessary to call a Magical Mentor?
7.Do I have to face East while performing the NAP Ritual?

Thanks again and forgive me for the poor english.

Neophyte
Practicus

Re: Noob Questions

Post#2 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:58 am

Answers 1 - 7:

Read the book.

Thank you.
"It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer."
Albert Einsten

Menxeperset

Post#3 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:26 pm

Neophyte wrote:Answers 1 - 7:

Read the book.

Thank you.

:goodpost

Here is some magic that may help: http://www.studioarcanis.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2051

wizardscauldron
Adeptus Minor

Post#4 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:38 pm

kasparov wrote:Hy there I start using NAP and I have some questions:

1.It's necessary to read the whole book?
2.It's necessary to perform the NAP Ritual at same time every day in the some location?Or could I do it different times?
3.Can you recommend another books that could work fine with NAP?
4.Do I have to do the Ritual every day?
5.Do you perform any ritual from the book like Uncrossing Ritual... before and after the NAP Ritual?
6.It's necessary to call a Magical Mentor?
7.Do I have to face East while performing the NAP Ritual?

Thanks again and forgive me for the poor english.

1 - Yes if you want to know the answers to your questions.
2 - Author suggests to do ritual at same time and in same place.
3 - Power of the Ancient Deities by Marcus Bottomley.
4 - Yes if you want a result.
5 - You could do the uncrossing ritual if you want, you could also add the middle pillar ritual and the dee-hay-thooth evocation but this involves reading the book.
6 - Its not necessary unless you want to communicate with a magick mentor.
7 - No.

You're English is very good so no need to apologise. I understood your questions.

It's a good book, I recommend that you read it 8-)
Hands that help are holier than lips that pray - S.S.S.B.

Topic author
kasparov
Neophyte

Post#5 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:56 pm

Thanks for answering wizardscauldron . :D :D :D

DarkScribe
Neophyte

Post#6 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:47 am

I'd like to talk to to my magic mentor, but I'm 0 for 7 so far. o_O

Neophyte
Practicus

Post#7 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:59 am

Upon recent exploration of the reasons for moderators experiencing frustration on this board, and why the board almost closed, we found the major complaint to be the lack of maturity of many posters.

I believe a firm stand is necessary to negate exhibitions of Gross Laziness as is seen in the first post above. Appearing to nurture such lack of industriousness serves to encourage more of it and run this board into the ground, which I for one, will not stand by idly and watch.

If any of our colleagues here feels it necessary to encourage such shameless slothfulness, please do so via PM. Our moderators volunteer their time and energies and have more important things to do.
"It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer."
Albert Einsten

wizardscauldron
Adeptus Minor

Post#8 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:51 am

Neophyte wrote:Upon recent exploration of the reasons for moderators experiencing frustration on this board, and why the board almost closed, we found the major complaint to be the lack of maturity of many posters.

I believe a firm stand is necessary to negate exhibitions of Gross Laziness as is seen in the first post above. Appearing to nurture such lack of industriousness serves to encourage more of it and run this board into the ground, which I for one, will not stand by idly and watch.

If any of our colleagues here feels it necessary to encourage such shameless slothfulness, please do so via PM. Our moderators volunteer their time and energies and have more important things to do.

I wholeheartedly agree. I was in a good mood at the time of helping Kasparov and thought I'd lend a helping hand as English is not their native language and thought they may have trouble reading books in a relatively short space of time. 'Spoon feeding' should not be encouraged on this forum.

EDIT: It turned out that kasparov isnt english speaking and had great trouble translating NAP so it wasnt an act of gross laziness on his part and I wasnt encouraging shameless slothfulness. As I guessed correctly he needed some genuine help.
Last edited by wizardscauldron on Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wizardscauldron
Adeptus Minor

Post#9 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:56 am

DarkScribe wrote:I'd like to talk to to my magic mentor, but I'm 0 for 7 so far. o_O

Talking to a magick mentor is a truly fascinating experience.

wizardscauldron
Adeptus Minor

Post#10 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:28 pm

This reminds me of this post:

http://studioarcanis.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=701

I knew it was somewhere!! Our non English friends do need a helping hand at times :angelic
Last edited by wizardscauldron on Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.