NAP questions

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
LPS_magick
Neophyte

NAP questions

Post#1 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:20 pm

Hi everybody.
Recently got New Avatar Power and the Book of the Old Ones. This is my story in short :
A love problem is crushing my soul and I'm now resorting to occultism as a one of my last resorts in trying to resolve this problem.
I'd like to ask some questions :

1) I am planning to do the rituals in my home. Since I don't live alone, I am worried that others could hear me saying such nonsense things :lol: and call some psychiatric unit on me :lol: .
How loud am I supposed to speak when doing the rituals??
You know, if you have to be consistent with the rituals ( doing it everyday until you get your results ), it's kinda unconfortable to search everytime for a place when no one can hear or interrupt you.

2) I am italian. should I use the rituals in english or should I translate them in my native language?
I plan to use them in the original english format, and to pronounce the power words ( HOR-TA-ELL-RACK..etc ) in my native phonetic ( as I think those words don't really belongs to english language, so it is useless to use english phonetic for them )

3) recently I stumbled upon this http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread450104/pg1 ...that bobbylove guy says he was successfull using the book of old ones and he got what he wanted, but he stopped fearing evil entities.
what do you think?

thanks in advance. Sorry for my bad english, I'm trying my best. :Thank You

Silenciumetaurum
Praeceptor
Praeceptor

Re: NAP questions

Post#2 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:34 pm

Greetings,

Here are some resources:

1. To avoid being heard, perform a working to mask the sound, and / or use "The Great Voice" after performing the Rose Cross Ritual to begin your daily work. The GV will allow you to vibrate / intone / chant at very low volume levels. The RC will mask your astral presence so that people (and other ephemera) in the house aren't attracted to your location (often subconsciously).

http://www.llewellyn.com/blog/2010/10/vibration-a-key-to-magick/
http://www.hermetics.org/Rose-Cross.html

To avoid being seen doing your rituals, again remember the RC. Also, you may perform them astrally, which takes a little getting used to. I enjoy physically doing them, but there have been times when I had to resort to the other way. It works, after a fashion.

http://www.llewellyn.com/journal/article/1421

2. I recommend that you learn what the invocations mean, translate everything but the power words into your own language and go from there. However, it may be that performing the whole thing in a non-native tongue adds additional resonance. You should experiment and decide.

3. Fear nothing. Experiment with everything. One man's torturer is another man's messiah--here and in the spirit world. In this, as in all things occult, success is your proof and experience will make you wise in what you personally should and should not do in order to be effective. In my opinion, we should be most wary of those who warn us away from things "for our own good." Be the one who decides what is good for yourself.

Your English is not bad at all and is far better than my Italian!

S+A
Aradia: Letters from the Dark Moon

If something is hard, do it more. Don't run away.

Topic author
LPS_magick
Neophyte

Post#3 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:35 am

Silenciumetaurum,

I really liked your points. Thanks for your reply.

CreativeLight
Zelator

Post#4 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:22 pm

I do the same as English is not my mother tongue. When I translate a ritual, I try to stay as close as possible as the original one but, of course, words of power can't be changed and have to be pronounced properly.

Good luck.

[V]
Practicus

Post#5 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:44 am

Excellent response!

That post about using vibrations REALLY intrigued me. I am working on developing a deeper resonating voice...

Heres my questions:

Since, certain energies resonate at a particular natural frequency - in order to effect them efficiently, our voice must resonate at a pitch NEAR its natural frequency. Most likely, the natural frequency for most high principals are out of the audible human range & cannot be replicated my humans...

How do I know what pitch I should be resonating at? Is there a list of keys/pitches I should study and practice?

Thanks!
[V]