New to NAP start here

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Grab
Adeptus Minor

Re: New to NAP start here

Post#11 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:24 am

SoulFire wrote:two sample Bounce sheets from a promotional offer that came in the mail, so I put the sheets in the front and back of the book, and put the book inside a large plastic Ziplock bag for about a week. I'm happy to report that it works.

Sounds nice. What is a Bounce sheet?

I would have left the sheets in with the book longer, but my partner complained about the Bounce odor. :?

The Ziplock bag didn't stop it from smelling?

Since my book still smells a bit of cigarettes, I may try again using one of these alternate methods.

A friend complains that most of his 2nd hand bought magick books smell of pot, not cigarettes. :)
".. nothing but infinite chaos, stochastically dragged into existence by each and every observer according to their predispositions, and by manipulating these .."
(quoted from http://www.spiralnature.com/magick/chaosvseclectic/).

SacredOak
Neophyte

Post#12 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:04 pm

Vovin wrote:If I remember correctly there are two editions with different dust covers thats it. No errors or omittions

Thanks, Vovin, I appreciate it! :)

nickma11
Neophyte

Post#13 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:29 am

Fio Praeter Humanus wrote:The book sounds like total bunk to me, but a lot of people are talking about it, some who opinion I trust, so I decided to check it out. Found a copy for $3 off amazon, and have spent the last week reading it over.

The book is completely hokey, reads like a info commercial, and reminds me of those ads I used to see in the back of comic books when I was a kid. But if you read between the lines it contains a great secret to magick. I am not even sure if the author knew that he knew it or it was a complete accident, but regardless there it is. It is the same secret that I AM told me so long ago and I didn't understand it because it was just too simple.

I just recieved NAP this past weekend. I bought the book for $45.00 and it's a great copy. Luckly it does not smell of smoke. It has a smell of an old book.

What exactly is the great secret you mention in the book if you don't mind sharing?

-Nick

GarageMage
Practicus

Post#14 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:47 pm

I got my copy a few days ago. Alot of it reads like the whole "Its too good to be true infomercial" however I do notice deity/entity names from older sources in there. Starting the first part of just getting attuned. It's form seems way more lax than that of other systems.
LULZ IS THE LAWL; LULZ UNDER WILL

cyberpower
Zelator

Post#15 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:21 am

At first I thought that there is no need to develop our chakras or kundalini coz NAP is just enough to make miracles in our life. But what's you thought bout this? Do you think we still need to develop our chakras and kundalini energy to become successfull or have more success with NAP rituals?
Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth.
- Henry David Thoreau

God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

Brother Suroh

Post#16 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:00 pm

From my experience any and all forms of magick are powerful as long as you follow the rituals accordingly. The more attribution(altar symbols, pieces, mini statues) and things you do to make the ritual more personallized and powerful the more potent the results tend to be.

Either way you will receive results but if doing a few more things increases your overall effect(potency) of your workings it is good to learn to develop the skills its generate energy(middle pillar/NAP) Uncrossing Ritual ect.

Peter

Post#17 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:58 am

I've been reading the posts in relation to the NAP book since I first obtained my copy in April of this year. It was so reassuring to find this site and read posts from other people who have had experience of the book...so today I thought it was time to just leave a message and say how wonderful I'm finding the book (and this forum) and how much it has helped me. It's been a slow process. It seems there are a lot of issues I need to clear. But this seems to be the right pace for me at this time. I hope I'll be able to contribute postively to this forum in the very near future.

Scream

Post#18 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:17 pm

I've got a strange question, and this thread seems right for it: is it alright to do the spells while under the influence of alcohol or drugs?

I, for one, find it very easy to focus on my goals when I'm a bit drunk(not all the way drunk! - two or three beers).

Omnis Validus
Praeceptor
Praeceptor

Post#19 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:23 pm

Scream wrote:I've got a strange question, and this thread seems right for it: is it alright to do the spells while under the influence of alcohol or drugs?

I, for one, find it very easy to focus on my goals when I'm a bit drunk(not all the way drunk! - two or three beers).

It is not advised to use mind altering substances in conjunction with spiritual/magickal practices. Typically any drug impairs you and can greatly inhibit a successful working. That said I have read many times that the use of small amounts of alcohol (1-2 glasses of wine) can be beneficial to ritual and spellwork. I have used alcohol and marijuana before to more easily get into a productive, magickal state of mind. But I've found there is a very fine line, and just a little too much seems to dull all of your senses, physical and spiritual. For the most part, it is counter productive and a big waste of time.

X
Ex Mea Sententia.

Rosriel
Neophyte

Post#20 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:43 am

Hello, been thinking about this for a bit but I wanted to know if it is okay to do the ritual twice a day? Also if it was okay to use the ritual outline that Vovin uses (LBRP, NAP relaxation , Central Pillar w/ circulations and incantation)?