My NAP problem

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

WaitingVainly
Practicus

Re: My NAP problem

Post#11 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:56 am

Pax wrote:
WaitingVainly wrote:^- have you tried courting the girl? If you just relied on the ritual to let her notice you, your chances of getting her to love you are decreased.

:lol: lol it had nothing to do with getting a girl; I asked for help with a psychological problem (can't say what it is, it's personal) but all I got was a situation that made things a lot worse. Kinda like trying to teach a kid to swim by leaving him in the middle of the ocean...Maybe the spirits thought it would help, I dunno. :|

Ah sorry my post was for the thread starter hehe sorry dude I should have quoted it.

And oh I just need to ask, there are side-effects/problems with NAP? :O

BrotherButterball
Adeptus Major

Post#12 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:01 am

Just want to say that the ideas that you hold in your mind

tend to be magnified when you perform some form of magick.

If you hold fear in your mind it may be magnified.

If you have positive expectation then good things may come.

I would suggest that you include wording in your spell casting

whereby you bind the result you are seeking

and avoid the result you don't want to have.

Hope this helps and otherwise clears things up a bit...

Tim

Edit: I had my own negative result from the Mystic Grimoire today.

What happened? I was merely lost in a local city for one and one half hours

looking for a hard to find building. My mind could not make the connection

that would have enabled me to find this particular building.

It was frustrating. But it did not hurt...
blackanddarkmagickthatworks.wordpress.com

supernaturalmagicklab.wordpress.com

youcandomagicthatworks.wordpress.com

Topic author
DimensionBlack
Neophyte

Post#13 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:56 am

WaitingVainly wrote:^- have you tried courting the girl? If you just relied on the ritual to let her notice you, your chances of getting her to love you are decreased.

I have given up on her, decided to move on. In the beginning it felt good in a way that everything was going as it should. But after talking to her best friend trying to get some information about her feelings. She told her she likes another guy and want to give that guy a try. I felt something bad before that coming to me, so that was just one of the stones hiting my head really hard.

Anyway I do have a queastion Is it good to work with your mentor just as often as with your rituals, or should I just do my NAP and "auumm" part.

Today is a new day and I have to say I do feel much better, I think I will keep away from any spirit names for now.

Frater Synadelfos
Practicus

Post#14 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:15 am

Sometimes we get in the way of ourselves. Part of being a magician is to discover what our true will actually is…very often it’s surprising what shape this will take. I use Tarot before performing magic, and ask what is possible, what can I achieve and what objections (internal/external) there might be. This often results with me doing several spells on the same subject, getting it in a pincer-movement until I get the result I want. So for example I might want to get a job in another department of my company. I would do a Tarot spread on this subject over a number of days, sieving through the desire to get to the right question(s). I might then discover that I am lazy, and need a spell to increase my focus. I might also discover there is a slander campaign so I would do a spell to get rid of the opposition’s attitudes. I might then realise that the best route to getting this desired job is to be noticed by a certain manager. I would then do a spell for this to occur. The whole thing might take a whole lunar month to achieve. Then there is the waiting.

D.

Seavel
Practicus

Post#15 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:26 am

Frater Synadelfos wrote:Sometimes we get in the way of ourselves. Part of being a magician is to discover what our true will actually is…very often it’s surprising what shape this will take.
I always failed with NAP, not because it is my "true will" to fail, but because this system is shit.

Topic author
DimensionBlack
Neophyte

Post#16 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:32 am

Frater Synadelfos wrote:Sometimes we get in the way of ourselves. Part of being a magician is to discover what our true will actually is…very often it’s surprising what shape this will take. I use Tarot before performing magic, and ask what is possible, what can I achieve and what" etc....

D.

I see your point, and I agree.

Nothing is served on a silverplate, even if it does you have to know how to eat it. In other words I might wish for riches , new job or even a girlfriend. Can I handle it, it might give me more problems.

Right now I am overlooking the situation and trying to understand it , instead of fighting it of. And if those were my mentors words I have to understand them before doing something else.

Another thing I understand now is why I got myself into a depression, is that you have to keep it out and not fall in love with the idea.
I was so into getting these results and my emotions started to manifest to the subject in a wrong way.

Topic author
DimensionBlack
Neophyte

Post#17 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:33 am

Seavel wrote:
Frater Synadelfos wrote:Sometimes we get in the way of ourselves. Part of being a magician is to discover what our true will actually is…very often it’s surprising what shape this will take.
I always failed with NAP, not because it is my "true will" to fail, but because this system is shit.

Interesting could i ask what system you use now. if you do

Seavel
Practicus

Post#18 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:06 am

Currently none.

Silenciumetaurum
Praeceptor
Praeceptor

Post#19 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:11 pm

Frater Synadelfos wrote:I use Tarot before performing magic, and ask what is possible, what can I achieve and what objections (internal/external) there might be. This often results with me doing several spells on the same subject, getting it in a pincer-movement until I get the result I want.

FS,

I take this same approach. It has prevented me from doing work that will backfire and generally allows me to correct my thinking about the issue. Sometimes, I put magical work on hold altogether because of this. While I believe it's possible to enter any situation and improve it, the best course of action might be lesser magic (in the LaVeyan sense of the term) or adopting a wait-and-see attitude toward the issue.

Another way of dealing with this might be asking the Magical Mentor (aka a familiar spirit), but I find that a simple divination can be just as effective and requires less energy.

S+A
Aradia: Letters from the Dark Moon

If something is hard, do it more. Don't run away.

Pax
Philosophus

Post#20 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:28 pm

Seavel wrote:Currently none.

Hmm...can I ask what systems of magic you've used in the past, and which one(s) have worked for you? :thinking
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke