My NAP problem

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

BrotherButterball
Adeptus Major

Re: My NAP problem

Post#21 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:31 pm

Seavel wrote:
Frater Synadelfos wrote:Sometimes we get in the way of ourselves. Part of being a magician is to discover what our true will actually is…very often it’s surprising what shape this will take.
I always failed with NAP, not because it is my "true will" to fail, but because this system is shit.

I believe if your attitude is shit your results are going to be shit as well.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it. :)

Tim
blackanddarkmagickthatworks.wordpress.com

supernaturalmagicklab.wordpress.com

youcandomagicthatworks.wordpress.com

Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#22 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:23 pm

Seavel wrote:I always failed with NAP, not because it is my "true will" to fail, but because this system is shit.

lol I needed a laugh this morning :)

Silenciumetaurum
Praeceptor
Praeceptor

Post#23 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:30 pm

BrotherButterball wrote:
Seavel wrote:
Frater Synadelfos wrote:Sometimes we get in the way of ourselves. Part of being a magician is to discover what our true will actually is…very often it’s surprising what shape this will take.
I always failed with NAP, not because it is my "true will" to fail, but because this system is shit.

Tim

:goodpost

Yep.

Garbage in, garbage out.
Aradia: Letters from the Dark Moon

If something is hard, do it more. Don't run away.

Seavel
Practicus

Post#24 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:07 am

BrotherButterball wrote:
Seavel wrote:

Tim
Nice try, but when I was practicing NAP I was very optimistic about it and believed that I will succeed.

Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#25 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:34 am

It's true there a couple of people here who it hasn't worked for. But it's worked so dramatically for so many that its a little funny to say it a shit system. It must be frustrating for you I suppose.

Its like saying you didn't see a demon when you used the lessor key therefore the whole thing is shit. Know what I mean?

Seavel
Practicus

Post#26 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:18 am

Slater wrote:It's true there a couple of people here who it hasn't worked for. But it's worked so dramatically for so many that its a little funny to say it a shit system. It must be frustrating for you I suppose.

Its like saying you didn't see a demon when you used the lessor key therefore the whole thing is shit. Know what I mean?

I've seen reports describing only minor results, even if they weren't just placebo or coincidence, this system is incredibly weak and useless.

Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#27 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:47 am

Seavel wrote:I've seen reports describing only minor results, even if they weren't just placebo or coincidence, this system is incredibly weak and useless.

lol...yeah that MUST be it. You are too funny mate.

BrotherButterball
Adeptus Major

Post#28 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:42 am

Slater wrote:
Seavel wrote:I've seen reports describing only minor results, even if they weren't just placebo or coincidence, this system is incredibly weak and useless.

lol...yeah that MUST be it. You are too funny mate.

Yeah, that's the ticket.

He's a comedian. Yeah, that's it.

And me and my wife Morgan Fairchild are responsible

for the population explosion in China.

Saturday Night Live television show reference
blackanddarkmagickthatworks.wordpress.com

supernaturalmagicklab.wordpress.com

youcandomagicthatworks.wordpress.com

Zoe
Zelator

Post#29 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:45 pm

Possibly all the times the system has worked for people it is coincidence, but it is just as likely that the spirits simply do not like some people, or their goals. I think it is probably the latter, because I've noticed a pattern where either NAP is not working for someone at all, or they are constantly getting what they ask for; for example, that one science guy on here is constantly getting things from Elubaitel.

Silenciumetaurum
Praeceptor
Praeceptor

Post#30 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:04 pm

Yep. And, at least in my case, the NAP spirits often need to get to know you. At first, Elubatel didn't like me much. And I evoked him. He's out there. And he showed up when I called. He is fairly severe with me. But we now have an understanding.

You can't just work the system as it's given. You have to take notes on what happens before, during, and after the workings and how you relate to the spirits--as with any other grimoire. Some of the entities won't do anything for you this time around. Some never will. Others always will. I suspect it's different for everyone.

Also, buying the physical book was an important step for me. I started working with the PDF while waiting for the book to arrive and my results were not nearly as dramatic. I don't think it has to be this way for everyone, but the system is not shit.

And an experienced magician can make a shit system work wonders anyway. That's what we do--cause change, work wonders. Everyone around us should experience some kind of change as a result of our behavior, even people who are not awake. When I am around a practitioner who is more proficient than I am, I know it and respect that awareness. It makes me better.

So my best advice to someone who isn't connecting with this grimoire is: use a different grimoire. But don't knock it for others because they may know something you do not. Or they may simply connect better to that current. You don't even need a grimoire to work effective magic. You need will, intent, an appreciation for metaphor, the ability to raise energy, and the ability to control your thoughts. That's it. Grimoires are simply fascinating and fun. If you don't like NAP, why be bitter? Use the grimoirc approach that suits you.
:roll:

S+A
Aradia: Letters from the Dark Moon

If something is hard, do it more. Don't run away.